new york city, new york
you know who we are. we’re the ones who believe that pleasure is the only intrinsic good, we’re the ones you avoid eye contact with when you’re walking the streets at dark, we’re the ones who pull the strings behind everything in town, you just like to pretend that we don’t. we’re the powerful, thoughtful ones who hold the economy and the populace from falling into anarchy. new york is a place where the bad succeed and the good are trampled under the feet of progress. be smart, be quick or get out because there’s no way you’ll survive in this kind of climate if you aren’t clever about it. feuds, betrayal, forbidden love, illicit affairs, stronger than blood friendships, brotherhoods and sisterhoods and everything else in between. when we aren’t trotting in louboutins or buttoning crisp brooks brothers, we’re drinking grey goose martinis and attending anything that has a free bar and the chance of networking. and you thought los angeles was dangerous? welcome to the upper wild side.
established in march 2012, upper wild side is an advanced, no word count roleplay that focuses on seven powerful, prestigious dynasties all of whom inhabit the city of new york. when registering we ask you do so with your character's first and last name in all uppercase letters. please make sure to check the wanted ads and canon lists before making any final decisions as particular characters are always needed! with that said, we hope you enjoy your time with us, and most importantly - have fun!
the staff team

ADD REPLY  NEW TOPIC  NEW POLL  

- the perfect mistake., nabby... <3
ABIGAIL CARTWRIGHT
 Posted: Jun 29 2013, 03:29 AM

owner » bittersweet
YEARS OLD
877 posts

Group Icon
cyndi
IS Offline

let it out let me in take a hold of my hand theres nothing like another soul thats been cut up the same and did you want to drive without a word in between i can understand you need a minute to breath and to sew up the seams

ever since abigail had signed the lease to her new property, she had spent every waking moment designing and redesigning the bakery- from the layout of the shop, to the color palette of the interior and to the silverware... every spare moment she had was spent on making sure this dream of hers was going to be more than a dream- it would be a reality. from the moment she woke up in the morning, abigail could be found sitting at the kitchen counter with a cup of coffee in her hand, her face buried in some catalog while her free hand scribbling down a list of must do's for the day. then when she returned from a long days of work, she could be found sitting in front of the television matching and rematching color squares to distinguish the perfect color palette. to say she was absent in her normal life was an understatement as her life had been consumed with this restaurant she was building. and as of the last week, instead of heading back to her apartment to sit and eat pizza with her dear o' roommate nicco, the moment her shift was over at bel cibo, abigail was in the shop painting away with the music blasting until the wee morning. truth be told, every moment she was awake was either thinking of bittersweet or at bittersweet- the life she had three weeks prior and simply vanished.

following yet another twelve hour shift at bel cibo, abigail had quickly ran back to her apartment, taken a quick shower and bolted out the door. she only only stayed long enough to walk over to her roommate, mumble a quick hello, and hand him a bag of brownies. and she was off once again. a few hours later, abigail stared at the fresh coat of paint in front of her. she wiped her forehead with the back of her right arm. her freshly white tank was now spotted with turquoise paint- her hair, oddly enough, also spotting drips of paint in them- how she accomplish that she was not quite sure. dropping the long roller on the floor, abigail fell down onto the plastic covering on the floor. her eyes glanced up at the ceiling- one more coat and she would be done with the walls forever. she didn't realize how exhausted she felt- a routine of long hours at bel cibo and long hours at bittersweet with little eating in between had caused great exhaustion in her body that she was unaware of until now. until she had decided to take a moment to breath. resting her eyes briefly, abigail had began to doze off and may had actually drifted into slumber for a few moments when she was awaken by the sound of footsteps approaching her general direction. . she squinted her eyes and noticed nicco, the only other person with keys to this space walking towards. "what are you doing here...? it's late." she murmured, prompting herself up with her elbows. "shouldn't you be out with roman and the rest of the guys, drinking beer at some bar, trying to pick up chicks? unless rome had baby duty tonight spoiling all your fun." she grinned sheepishly, feeling a small burst of rejuvenating energy in her.
nabbbbbbbbby xoxo.
PM
^
NICHOLAS VAUGHN
 Posted: Jul 3 2013, 08:08 PM

mechanic » dawes garage
YEARS OLD
651 posts

Group Icon
ashleigh
IS Offline

tequila in his heartbeat, his veins burned gasoline, it kept his motor runnin', but he never kept it clean. they say he loved adventure, ricky's the wild on, he married trouble, had a courtship with a gun.

nicholas had always been a more quiet individual. he kept to himself most days, held the friends that he had - the few very close friends - as just that, very close friends, almost like family. roman and his sister sabrina, who were like his own brother and sister though, technically speaking, he didn't have any. for nicco, though, his friends were his family and that was all he needed. another person that qualified in that small, quaint little circle was his roommate abigail, a girl he'd known for years, even before she went off globetrotting and found herself overseas for a few years, her attempts at finding herself when she felt the most lost in her life. of all the people that she'd known, that she'd left behind nicco had been the first that welcomed her back without this insistent need to make her re-qualify herself for his friendship or justify her actions. he understood and often times - though he never spoke it aloud - he felt envious of her abilities to just pack all she had into a few suitcases and leave new york for greener pastures, even if it was just a few years’ worth of an escape. despite how much nicco wished that he himself could've done that, he had too many ties to new york to just jet set and never look back, she was one of them.

as he noticed the hours dwindling down and, while he often times never seemed to worry too greatly about abigail or what she might be getting herself into, he couldn't help the strong sense of worry he was beginning to feel now. it was only two weeks ago that she'd broken the news and showed him the small building that she'd bought to turn into her bakery bittersweet, she'd spent countless hours between there and bel cibo, doing as much as she could to ready the place for the furniture and it's impending opening, but still there was something about knowing that it was past midnight and she was out there in an area that she wasn't completely familiar with yet, painting and decorating a building all on her own. her brother had been busy and couldn't help and, while nicco had been home, his help was never something she asked for, normally it was something he'd donate, but when you work twelve to fourteen hours in the grueling sun fixing cars, you tend to be more tired than any normal person would. even still, at midnight he found himself unloading his person from his car, parked parallel in front of her unfinished bakery, and using the set of keys she'd given him to let himself in. the smile that crept on his face as he found her asleep as paint began to dry almost caused a chuckle to escape his lips, though he didn't want to wake her. of course his footsteps had done that already, as she began to stir. "abz, it's past midnight and you weren't home. kind of figured either you fell asleep here or someone carted your ass off to sell you on the black market to some third world country as a sex slave" he teased, as he moved in closer to her. "nah, they were gonna watch some game, but i was too beat. working in the heat does that to ya" he offered, as he found himself seated on the plastic covered floor next to her.

PM
^
ABIGAIL CARTWRIGHT
 Posted: Jul 4 2013, 03:58 AM

owner » bittersweet
YEARS OLD
877 posts

Group Icon
cyndi
IS Offline

let it out let me in take a hold of my hand theres nothing like another soul thats been cut up the same and did you want to drive without a word in between i can understand you need a minute to breath and to sew up the seams

on abigail's fifth birthday, she had asked her parents for one of those kids kitchen play sets that came with a plastic fridge and stove. in this kitchen of hers she would whip out her own daily special cutting up plastic vegetable in half and serving the play food on silverware to whoever would entertain her. when she was seven, she asked for an easy baked oven. in that moment- abigail knew she wanted to grow up to be a baker. now that's something not all parents would like to hear- why couldn't she want to be a lawyer like her father and brother they would ask- and to appease them like most children, abigail pushed aside her dreams and set forth on the road of being a lawyer. then one day, it hit her like a wall of bricks- she hated it and with that- she took off to europe for six long years- only once in the very beginning did she ever contemplate on coming home. it was hard at first, just packing up and leaving with no concrete plans- plus mostly everyone thought she was crazy. all but nicco. which was one of the reasons she had kept in touch with him while aboard rather than him fade into the back of her memory like all the others. hell, he hadn't even made her go through the ringers when she told him nine months ago she would be returning to new york. instead, he welcomed her back to new york as if she never left. and she would always be grateful for that. abigail was aware of all the bridges she had surely burnt when she left, but to have at least one person in her corner- that was all she needed- he was all she needed. it was cheesy, and she would never admit this out loud to him, but he meant a hell of alot more to her than some of her family members- he was in some sense family. and if there was one thing she worried more about than the disappointment in her parents eyes, it was the thought of nicco vaughn disappearing from her life like so many others

thus it was because of him and his constant, but caring nagging, abigail had finally began looking for a place. she didn't want to- was too afraid to. what did she have to lose he would ask her, and so she set off to follow her dream... and here she was spending every second of the day either painting walls, picking out furniture, or running around plating dishes while dreaming of menu designs, color palettes, and everything in between. since showing nicco the building, abby hadn't a moments to rest having hit full throttle on preparing for a fall opening- in hind sight, she was crazy for setting such a deadline, unfortunately back then it seemed doable. although she knew if she simply asked nicco he would come by and help her in a heartbeat as long as beer and dessert were on the table- yet she couldn't get herself to do such a thing. not only did he worked long hours at the garage, she figured the last thing he wanted to do was spend even more time with her- yes they were roommates so they saw each other enough and thus she justified not calling in reinforcement was to help his sanity. most people would have been frighten or at least worried at the sound of approaching footsteps, oddly enough for abigail she had a aching inclination it was nicco and the corner of her lips slowly tugged into a smile when he spoke up.

moving an itch over so he could get comfortable next to her she listened quietly to him speak. "i doubt anyone would want to buy me as a sex slave...but at least i know you wouldn't wait a whole day to come searching for me if someone did cart my blonde ass out of this country." she let out a soft laugh before resting her head up against his when she felt him move closer to her. she closed her eyes when he spoke, attempting to sneak in a few more seconds of rest in between conversing with nicco. "at least you get to work shirtless... no we are not going to talk about me working shirtless again. it's not as easy as it is for me. i have boobs... you have whatever those are called" pointing to his chest scrunching her face when doing so. turning her head back up toward the ceiling, abigail stared at the freshly painted wall. "you know, you didn't have to drive all the way over here. i would have come home eventually." pausing, she tilted her head to look in his direction. "is this your way of telling me you miss my presence in the apartment..." teasingly, she nudged him lightly in the rib with her elbow.
nabbbbbbbbby xoxo.
PM
^
NICHOLAS VAUGHN
 Posted: Aug 9 2013, 11:06 PM

mechanic » dawes garage
YEARS OLD
651 posts

Group Icon
ashleigh
IS Offline

tequila in his heartbeat, his veins burned gasoline, it kept his motor runnin', but he never kept it clean. they say he loved adventure, ricky's the wild on, he married trouble, had a courtship with a gun.

nicholas vaughn had never been one of those kids that had all these whirlwind dreams. he'd never put much thought into what the future laid out before him, though it was never for lack of encouragement from his parents. before his father had been killed, the patriarch of the vaughn family tried to instill the importance of education, of making plans for a future, following through on your dreams and whatever lay in one's heart, but most importantly he wanted to make sure that his only child, his only son was going to be well taken care of should anything happen to either himself or his wife. little did he know that the day nicco would become the man of the house would happen far sooner than either vaughn men had expected, yet there he was, at fifteen trying to find a way to make sure that his mother was taken care of. sure, they'd gotten a substantial amount of money, a gift from the morelli family for the great loss that they each had suffered - nicco's father was a long time soldier, ally, confidante and friend to the patriarch, and dying in order to protect one of them meant that the family felt they owed a debt of gratitude to his wife and his son. maybe that was why, when nicco was of age they let him work for them. regardless, any dreams that nicco may have had as a child he likely wouldn't remember anyway. if there were ever one thing in life that nicco was a constant professional at, aside from his painful loyalty to the people he loved the most - roman, sabrina, abigail, his mother, the morelli's - it was being a mechanic. being good with his hands, being able to fix things that often seemed beyond reproach. well, that and an uncanny ability to drive a car in his sleep if he dare tried.

even still, when it came to those he loved or that he cared deeply for, he'd push and push and push until there was no push left, encouraging them to live out their own dreams, no matter the cost. he still encouraged sabrina to continue her education and become a doctor, despite how happy she seemed just as a nurse at new york presbyterian hospital. hell, he'd done everything but buy the building himself when it came to abigail and her bakery, though if he really needed to, he'd try his best to get her a nice building in a nice area where she could build up a good reputation and solid client list that she could come to love, rely on and who would be there for her when she started, keeping her in business as long as they possibly could, though if he were being truly honest with himself, he'd be her number one customer. either way, nicco was a lot like his own father in that respects. he'd encourage his friends, helping them in any way possible, even if it meant staying up until four in the morning quizzing sabrina for her doctorate's exam or painting through the night with abigail on the promise of delicious treats and home cooked meals that she'd masterfully create as her own way of thanking him for his help in living out her dreams. there was nothing nicco wouldn't do for his friends, even if it meant staying without. for as much of a badass as he pretended to be, or as he came off as to others, nicco had a soft spot for those in his life that he truly loved and cared for, and he'd never apologize for that.

he couldn't help the soft chuckle that escaped his lips as she described what people would and wouldn't do when it came to her. his head shook and his eyes rolled, if only she saw herself the way others would, she'd know that she wasn't nearly as unappealing to men - and even women - as she thought she was. "abigail cartwright, please. if they can justify selling a 12 year old to some pervert in russia, i'm sure there is someone in the world willing to pay top dollar for a gorgeous baker-blonde like you" he teased, his words were quickly followed with a soft chuckle, a chuckle that only got louder when she mentioned working shirtless, a conversation they'd gone over months ago. "i know i didn't have to come out here for you" he admitted, though he gave her a gentle shrug "but i wanted to. i couldn't let you walk all the way home this late, what kind of roommate would i be?" he asked, giving her a smile. "you know me so well, abz, i just couldn't sleep without knowing that you were twenty-seven steps away from my door. it was physically impossible for me" he taunted back, another roll of laughter echoing out as he shook his head again.

PM
^
ABIGAIL CARTWRIGHT
 Posted: Aug 20 2013, 01:30 AM

owner » bittersweet
YEARS OLD
877 posts

Group Icon
cyndi
IS Offline

for as long as abigail cartwright could remember she was an idealistic- a dreamer who simply dreamed of the world. her brother was the realist- the one who thought rationally whereas abigail believed the world was endless- believed mermaids lived in the sea and until she was twelve santa clause was really. so far as long as she could remember, she was always a dreamer and her biggest dream of all was owning her own bakery. from the letter to the napkin holders, abigail had dreamt it all- but for her, that was all it was- a silly dream. she highly doubt she could make a living out of it- her parents thought the same thing. they wanted her to follow in their footsteps, become lawyers like they were and like her older brother. baking was a hobby they insisted- they entertained her long enough to get her to follow their dreams. and when she realized their dream wasn't hers? she left the country searching for something- anything. and though she tried to push it to the back of her mind, abigail always knew what that dream was. she had simply been too afraid to admit it out loud because what if she failed- what if this restaurant- this dream of hers just becomes another statistics of how restaurant in new york goes out of business. that was the rational fear that had kept abigail from perusing her dreams for as long as it has- she didn't want to be just another number- another girl who a failed dream- another business with closed up doors. for so long she had held onto the notion if it was just a dream she could be happy with that.

however nicco's persistent did not wear off- even though she had given him her reasoning, he wouldn't accept it. those were all excuses he simply told her. he pushed her and though it rove abigail insane whenever he would ask her about her progress, she knew deep down he did it because he cared to bother her- to make sure that her dream wasn't just that. he knew how much she wanted it and even though there were times when all abigail wanted to do was throw her shoe at him to stop all the questionings, he didn't relent. thus it wasn't quite a surprise when she finally took the plunge, signed her name on the lease for this space he had offered to help her when it came to painting. he was the one person in her life who believed this silly dram was not just a dream and it could be reality- even when she thought all was lost, he pushed her and she never without a doubt there would never be enough words in the world to share with him- to thank him for simply being him. she knew he once had dreams and while she had tried to get him to open up, she never pushed him enough to find out what they were- too afraid if she pushed harder than necessary than he would shut her out. and if there was one thing she was more afraid of than a fail business was ruining the relationship that existed between the two of them.

"gorgeous baker blonde- ha! you sure know how to use your words though i'll give to you. luckily- we'll never find out since i have you to protect me right." she laughed- her laughter echoing in the empty space around them."doesn't you coming down here just mean i'm interrupting your beauty sleep? i mean as much as i know you miss me, i know how much you love getting your beauty" she chuckled, though to be quite honest she wasn't quite sure when he actually slept. whenever she came home from a long shift there nicco was on the couch watching tv with his shirt off eating some sort of snack and when she woke up from her slumber, there he was in the kitchen walking around one again shirt less. it's as if the man did not know own a pair of t-shirt- though abigail would never complain. she was after all a girl and as much as she would never attempt it out loud, nicco vaughn was a gorgeous looking man- especially when shirtless. she felt her cheeks warming up at this thought and abigail quickly shook he thought out of her head."i would have been fine, i've done it before...." her voice dragging as she realized she never told him about those time. biting down on her lower lip abigail hoped he had tuned her out for all of that thirty seconds, but she knew that would not be the case. even though her shop bitter sweet was located in a somewhat touristy area, shit happens at night and nicco had insisted she never stay too late where she would have to walk alone. she gave him her word, but sometimes she lost track of time, rather than calling a cab or waking him up, she quietly ventured back home. "have you eaten dinner yet?" her head tilted to the side looking over at her roommate. okay, sure it was half past midnight, but it wasn't until she was lying on her back next to her best friend did abigail realize she was starving- the last meal she had indulge in was... well truth be told she couldn't exactly remember when that last meal was and now that she had stopped moving she felt the starvation taking over her entire body.
nabbbbbbbbby xoxo.
PM
^
NICHOLAS VAUGHN
 Posted: Oct 4 2013, 09:35 PM

mechanic » dawes garage
YEARS OLD
651 posts

Group Icon
ashleigh
IS Offline

nicholas vaughn had always been a man of few words. in his line of work, the fewer words you spoke meant the less you knew about things, and when it came to new york, it's crime rate, it's crime lord's and, most importantly, it's police, the less you knew the better. he'd always made that abundantly clear, the higher he ranked with the morelli family the less inclined he was to pay much attention to what was going on. he offered himself up as much as he could to keep his position and keep the money flow coming in just as it was, not to mention the relationship he had with them which, on a number of occasions, had saved his narrow behind. whether it be from financial burdens growing up or even now to landing himself behind bars, he knew he had the morelli family to thank for his freedom and the fact that he had a couple thousand dollars saved up somewhere for a rainy day he always said. but even with all of that, even with all of his walls and his insistent need to remind people that he, himself, didn't need anyone, it never really stopped him from pushing people that he knew had greatness in them. from roman with his garage to sabrina and her schooling and even whitney, when it came time for her to decide whether staying in new york around people that lied to her for most of her life to leaving and following her heart and her dreams, nicco never stood in her way, despite the connection he felt with her. she was the first person, outside of abigail and sabrina, that truly understood him, but still he knew he had to let her go.

his persistence with abigail seemed so normal for nicco. he was always encouraging people to do better than him and, truth be told, nicco loved abigail. he'd never admit it to her, lord knows how long she'd hold that over his head, and to him that meant something. sure, he never put much thought or emphasis on the word love or what his love for her even meant, to him she was just abigail cartwright, dreamer. funny and friendly, outgoing and one of the few people in his life that would call him on his bullshit and not cave just because he was bigger or stronger than she was. she was his friend and he was protective of her, probably more than he needed to be, but he was. when he knew she needed a place to stay, despite how it may have looked to everyone else, nicco offered his spare bedroom and, while he insisted at first she pay nothing, she still did and he happily accepted her help. it took a huge weight off of his shoulders, and as he walked down the street to her new space now, he wondered if he'd ever thanked her for that. even still, offering words like i love you to someone outside of friends and family wasn't something nicco did very often, but abigail was different; she was both friend and family, and that was easily what he summed his love for her up to, quickly tossing the idea aside as he walked through the doors.

"hey, where i come from, my mother always told me to tell a girl she's beautiful, even when her hair looks like a nest is growing deep, deep, deep, deep, deeeeep inside of it" he teased his friend, giving her a cheeky grin. "you're right, i do enjoy my beauty sleep. but i also enjoy not waking up in the mornings and seeing my friends names and faces splattered on the nine o'clock news for recent abductions and murders" he spoke, a laugh following despite how serious he was. "besides, i couldn't really sleep, so i thought what the hell" he offered with a shrug. he found an empty piece of floor - as if there wasn't enough around them - next to abigail and quickly took a seat, letting his hands brush against the hardwood that decorated the floors. "abz, please, your brother would kill you if he found out how many times you walked the new york streets late at night alone. i happen to like being alive, thank you" he teased, giving another cheeky grin. "besides, i thought we could stop and getting something to eat on the way home. i'm starving" he spoke, his eyes widening as the sounds of his stomach growling filled the empty space. "nah, i was gonna order pizza but fell asleep waiting on you. you're starving me, abz, you see what you do to me? i'm withering away to nothing because you wanted to stay out until half past the break of dawn" he teased her, offering a soft laugh and a smile as he laid back against the floors. "how much more you have to paint of this place?" he asked, as he brought an arm back and placed it beneath his head to serve as a pillow or padding of some kind.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS   ADD REPLY  NEW TOPIC  NEW POLL  

• T
  • o
  • g
  • g
  • l
  • e
  • C
  • b
  • o
  • x