new york city, new york
you know who we are. we’re the ones who believe that pleasure is the only intrinsic good, we’re the ones you avoid eye contact with when you’re walking the streets at dark, we’re the ones who pull the strings behind everything in town, you just like to pretend that we don’t. we’re the powerful, thoughtful ones who hold the economy and the populace from falling into anarchy. new york is a place where the bad succeed and the good are trampled under the feet of progress. be smart, be quick or get out because there’s no way you’ll survive in this kind of climate if you aren’t clever about it. feuds, betrayal, forbidden love, illicit affairs, stronger than blood friendships, brotherhoods and sisterhoods and everything else in between. when we aren’t trotting in louboutins or buttoning crisp brooks brothers, we’re drinking grey goose martinis and attending anything that has a free bar and the chance of networking. and you thought los angeles was dangerous? welcome to the upper wild side.
established in march 2012, upper wild side is an advanced, no word count roleplay that focuses on seven powerful, prestigious dynasties all of whom inhabit the city of new york. when registering we ask you do so with your character's first and last name in all uppercase letters. please make sure to check the wanted ads and canon lists before making any final decisions as particular characters are always needed! with that said, we hope you enjoy your time with us, and most importantly - have fun!
the staff team

ADD REPLY  NEW TOPIC  NEW POLL  

just some questions
ZACHARY LINCOLN
 Posted: Sep 17 2013, 06:05 AM

LAWYER » LINCOLN & CROMWELL
YEARS OLD
464 posts

Group Icon
JORDAN
IS Offline

lately I've been waking up alone, Paint splattered teardrops on my shirt. Told you I'd let them go, And that I'll fight my corner. Maybe tonight I'll call you After my blood turns into alcohol. No, I just want to hold you.

so i just want to start off by thanking the entire staff and every member who has made my year on this site so enjoyable. my experiences on upper wild side have been the best of my entire roleplaying history. you are all awesome and i love you guys! personally i also plan on sticking around and threading at a leisurely pace and sort of treating uws as a private site for those who've stuck around until the end.

anyway, i have a few questions that i was wondering about:
    1 - am i right in assuming that the 5 day posting rule is no longer in effect?
    2 - could one still create a new character for purposes of threads/plots that didn't occur when the site was still online, and would one be required to still complete an application for this?
    3 - is the two canon rule still in effect? i.e. if i wanted to take the rdj canon for a plot with lexi montgomery would that be possible since i already have two major canons?

if anyone else has any questions feel free to post them in here! it'll save the staff having to reply to a million threads/cbox messages.
PM
^
ALEXANDRA CHRISTENSEN
 Posted: Sep 17 2013, 08:16 AM

ceo/owner » rebel records
YEARS OLD
3880 posts

Group Icon
kay
IS Offline

Truth, dares, boys for which I never really cared Affairs to forget A search for ends that never really met If I could only find this feelin & find a love beyond this dream It’s never been so clear that I need someone to pull me under I need someone

1) correcto. no one will be archived from here on out.
    2) this one is hard. i mean i don't mind people making someone new at all. but a staff member would have to register them, i believe. maybe not an app, but definitely a shipper so that way there's still some sort of documented history/information?
    3) yeah, honestly, at this point i'd say that is open now. but still 1 family canon per person (meaning you can't have 2 morelli's, or conflicting canons).

and yes, definitely post here with any questions!
PM
^
SOPHIE KENNEDY
 Posted: Sep 17 2013, 06:03 PM

secretary » lincoln office
YEARS OLD
688 posts

Group Icon
holly
IS Offline

i’ve got my ticket for the long way round the one with the prettiest of views it’s got mountains, it’s got rivers, it’s got sights to give you shivers but it sure would be prettier with you

adding to this~~

1. would it be possible to get just one like ~part-time, non-commital admin~ who would be able to pre-register members in the case of someone wanting a new character, like jordan asked? even if it was just one of us members who is deciding to stick around?
    2. i'm assuming not everyone is going to stay after this (unfortunately), so could we get a list of the people that want to leave so we could possibly archive their characters that way their claims are open for people who might want to snag those faces/canons?
    3. can we have an official thread of who is/is not staying? i think that might be really convenient for those of us who are staying, just because now i, personally, am in a really strange limbo of not knowing whether or not people i have plots with are staying or leaving. i know i could contact them myself, but i think it would just be nice information for everyone to have access to? D:

i hope this isn't too demanding or anything!!
PM
^
MIREYA PERSICO
 Posted: Sep 17 2013, 06:58 PM

receptionist/student » new york group
YEARS OLD
3202 posts

Group Icon
ashleigh
IS Offline

i'm not a girl, but if you look at me closely, you will see it in my eyes, this girl will always find her way. i'm not a girl don't tell me what to believe, i'm just trying to find the woman in me.

1. i am sticking around so i would be more than happy to take on the role as the person for y'all to contact for pre-registration, but i think kay and jessica are likely gonna be around somewhat as well? i'm not sure about stephanie and kris though, but i know for sure i will be around.

2. i definitely think a list is necessary. i guess this ties into your third question as well, but if kay is okay with it, i think we need to establish who wants to stick around and continue plots and who doesn't that way, those of us that do know where our plots lie and aren't just posting things for people that are likely not going to be logging into the site frequently enough to do replies. if need be, i can create that as well, just so we have a clear understanding of who is staying and who is going. XD

pfft. nothing is too demanding bb, no worries at all. <3
PM
^
claire ellis
 Posted: Sep 18 2013, 04:21 PM

production assistant » hbo
YEARS OLD
46 posts

Group Icon
kris
IS Offline

I just ran out of band aids I don't even know where to start cause you can bandage the damage you never really can fix a heart

i can help you out with that ash, once we get the okay from kay.

and yeah, i'm sticking around. probs making some changes~~ but i'm still here~~~
PM
^
ALEXANDRA CHRISTENSEN
 Posted: Sep 19 2013, 02:57 AM

YEARS OLD
3880 posts

Group Icon
kay
IS Offline

Truth, dares, boys for which I never really cared Affairs to forget A search for ends that never really met If I could only find this feelin & find a love beyond this dream It’s never been so clear that I need someone to pull me under I need someone

yeah so basically we'll still be here doing claims and shizz, archiving super old threads (we'll still archive anything that hasn't posted in the last 2 months rp thread wise). so please still use the moderation threads! we can definitely still register characters for you.

instead of a list i'll send out a mass PM to people to post in the moderation thread if they don't plan on still staying so we can open up the claims. but a list for those not staying/who is staying, yes. i'll get it up tomorrow night once i'm home.
PM
^
EMMA ROWLE
 Posted: Sep 22 2013, 01:11 PM
N/A

owner » little house - art gallery
YEARS OLD
22 posts

Group Icon
MAGGIE
IS Offline

some kansas sweet fields i'd love to see again, but the fireflies play where the cattails grow, and them southern girls, they talk nice and slow with.

ty for replying to all of our questions and keeping uws open for us <3

i have another question. will the 2 girls 1 boy rule still be in effect?
PM
^
MIREYA PERSICO
 Posted: Sep 22 2013, 01:45 PM

YEARS OLD
3202 posts

Group Icon
ashleigh
IS Offline

i'm not a girl, but if you look at me closely, you will see it in my eyes, this girl will always find her way. i'm not a girl don't tell me what to believe, i'm just trying to find the woman in me.

i actually asked kay this a few days ago and i believe she said that it would not, however this doesn't mean go out of control and make like 300 girls. the site ratios should still stay somewhat equal.

if this was wrong, kay, feel free to correct me. <3
PM
^
EMMA ROWLE
 Posted: Sep 22 2013, 01:55 PM
N/A

owner » little house - art gallery
YEARS OLD
22 posts

Group Icon
MAGGIE
IS Offline

some kansas sweet fields i'd love to see again, but the fireflies play where the cattails grow, and them southern girls, they talk nice and slow with.

lol. don't worry, i like making boys. i was just wondering :)
PM
^
ALEXANDRA CHRISTENSEN
 Posted: Sep 22 2013, 02:59 PM

YEARS OLD
3880 posts

Group Icon
kay
IS Offline

nope, that's right. (: i thought i had said that somewhere on here, but clearly i was making that up in my mind.
PM
^
VALENTINA KENNEDY
 Posted: Sep 22 2013, 04:45 PM

ceo's secretary » new york group
YEARS OLD
1729 posts

Group Icon
milka
IS Offline

She comes out of closets every night But then she locks herself away Where she could keep everything from me I could have been anyone you see She's nothing but porcelain underneath her skin

Is the activity rule going to become more lax? As in, if I don't post every 5 days I don't need to worry about my character being archived?

I guess I'm just unsure if we should just think of the site staying the same, save that it's not open to new members, or if things are going to change concerning activity and all of that.
PM
^
MIREYA PERSICO
 Posted: Sep 22 2013, 04:54 PM

YEARS OLD
3202 posts

Group Icon
ashleigh
IS Offline

QUOTE (ALEXANDRA MONTGOMERY @ Sep 17 2013, 07:16 AM)
    1) correcto. no one will be archived from here on out.
    2) this one is hard. i mean i don't mind people making someone new at all. but a staff member would have to register them, i believe. maybe not an app, but definitely a shipper so that way there's still some sort of documented history/information?
    3) yeah, honestly, at this point i'd say that is open now. but still 1 family canon per person (meaning you can't have 2 morelli's, or conflicting canons).

and yes, definitely post here with any questions!

hopefully that clears up any concerns about the activity rule.
PM
^
CAMILLA PERSICO
 Posted: Sep 22 2013, 05:18 PM

assistant » new york group
YEARS OLD
56 posts

Group Icon
SKYE
IS Offline

You cant buy love with ya credit card You cant get high with the friends you lost It comes down to the house of cards You lose your way you lose your way The sun goes up on the wave you ride But it all comes down and you wonder why Its gone too late till ya realize

so, just for clarification, aka to make sure i don't go about doing this wrong when the time comes; when it comes to registering a new character, we contact ashleigh, and then when it comes to their applications, we don't have to do them? is that right or do we still have to complete applications?
PM
^
MIREYA PERSICO
 Posted: Sep 22 2013, 06:09 PM

YEARS OLD
3202 posts

Group Icon
ashleigh
IS Offline

i think myself, kris, jess and kay are all staying on board so you could really contact any of us. (i could be wrong about this? either way, contacting me is perfectly fine). and from what kay posted above, applications aren't necessary, they are nice if you want but not necessary, but it would definitely be nice to at least post a shipper, that way we can have some kind of established history and whatnot for the character.

hope this helps to clarify things. <3
PM
^
ALEXANDRA CHRISTENSEN
 Posted: Oct 8 2013, 08:33 PM

YEARS OLD
3880 posts

Group Icon
kay
IS Offline

basix what ashleigh said. (:
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS   ADD REPLY  FAST REPLY  NEW TOPIC  NEW POLL  

• T
  • o
  • g
  • g
  • l
  • e
  • C
  • b
  • o
  • x