new york city, new york
you know who we are. we’re the ones who believe that pleasure is the only intrinsic good, we’re the ones you avoid eye contact with when you’re walking the streets at dark, we’re the ones who pull the strings behind everything in town, you just like to pretend that we don’t. we’re the powerful, thoughtful ones who hold the economy and the populace from falling into anarchy. new york is a place where the bad succeed and the good are trampled under the feet of progress. be smart, be quick or get out because there’s no way you’ll survive in this kind of climate if you aren’t clever about it. feuds, betrayal, forbidden love, illicit affairs, stronger than blood friendships, brotherhoods and sisterhoods and everything else in between. when we aren’t trotting in louboutins or buttoning crisp brooks brothers, we’re drinking grey goose martinis and attending anything that has a free bar and the chance of networking. and you thought los angeles was dangerous? welcome to the upper wild side.
established in march 2012, upper wild side is an advanced, no word count roleplay that focuses on seven powerful, prestigious dynasties all of whom inhabit the city of new york. when registering we ask you do so with your character's first and last name in all uppercase letters. please make sure to check the wanted ads and canon lists before making any final decisions as particular characters are always needed! with that said, we hope you enjoy your time with us, and most importantly - have fun!
the staff team

ADD REPLY  NEW TOPIC  

{ make it twerk. }, reyson. <3
MIREYA PERSICO
 Posted: Jul 22 2013, 04:55 PM

receptionist/student » new york group
YEARS OLD
3202 posts

Group Icon
ashleigh
IS Offline

i'm not a girl, but if you look at me closely, you will see it in my eyes, this girl will always find her way. i'm not a girl don't tell me what to believe, i'm just trying to find the woman in me.

This had been the second year in a row that Mireya participated in the Date Auction, and unlike last year's, this year she went to someone that she not only knew, but paid $3,000 to spend the evening with. This, while not cause for a smile or celebration to anyone else, had Reya silently smiling to herself, proud of the fact that she'd managed to raise $3,000 for this years designated charity, even if it meant she'd be spending the evening tagged onto Jenson's side for their date.

Having stood witness, on the stage, to the war between three of her best friends Veronica, Jenson and Caden, Reya hadn't made a decision on which she wanted to win, and before she even could, she'd heard the clamping sound of the gavel as the auctioneer brought it down against the hard wood of his podium; she'd been sold to Jenson Hollingsworth. This should be interesting... she thought to herself, as she made her way towards the left side of the stage to meet him. After being given the voucher for their date and watching as Jenson handed over a handful of hundred dollar bills to the women seated behind a table, Reya straightened out her dress and hooked her arm to his and the two disappeared towards the back of the room. "If you call me a gremlin tonight, I swear to God I will trip you and dance on your balls, Jenson!" she teased, giving him a playful smile and a wink.

Gremlin was like a pet name that Jenson and Caden had begun calling the tiny brunette who, in her heels tonight stood much taller than she normally would've on any other night. "And why didn't you participate in the auction this year, Jenson?" she asked, wondering why he'd opted not to go up on stage, make a fool of himself, laugh about it the rest of the night and be auctioned off to some of the prettiest women in New York - or Julian Montgomery.

PM
^
JENSON HOLLINGSWORTH
 Posted: Jul 25 2013, 12:20 PM

EVENT PLANNER » MONTGOMERY PROD.
YEARS OLD
773 posts

Group Icon
JORDAN
IS Offline

I hear your heart beat to the beat of the drums. Oh what a shame that you came here with someone. So while you're here in my arms, Let's make the most of the night like we're gonna die young.

The moment that Reya’s name was announced by the auctioneer, and she walked onto the stage looking beautiful in her dress, Jenson grinned from ear to ear ready to raise his paddle as soon as the bidding began. Of course, Jenson placed the first bid before being challenged by his not-cousin and best friend Caden Prescott. The two playfully bid against each other for a while before the other boy conceded. It was after that Jenson found himself a tougher opponent; Veronica Lincoln, Reya’s best friend. The two battled it out until Jenson reached the $3000 dollar mark and was deemed the winner.

With a skip to his step, the young man made his way to the stage where he could claim his prize. Reaching into his jacket pocket and handing over three rolls consisting hundreds of dollar bills, each amounting to $1000, he realised how thoughtless it had been for him to carry so much cash on him. Oh well. Offering an arm to his date, which she accepted, the two made their way from the stage towards the back of the large and very busy room. The twenty-three year old couldn’t help but laugh at Reya’s threat. “Like you could even overpower me, check out these muscles.” Jenson jokingly flexed his arms. “But seriously, you look beautiful.”

Jenson had been offered a spot in the auction, after all he was rich, single, and devastatingly attractive, but he decided that he was more comfortable spending his money on the poor souls that had been forced to stand on the stage whilst having money thrown at them. “It must be nerve wracking to stand on that stage in front of a room full of people, having to follow this-” he motioned to his body “-is just plain unfair.” He added a cheeky wink at the end of his sentence.

PM
^
MIREYA PERSICO
 Posted: Jul 28 2013, 04:47 PM

YEARS OLD
3202 posts

Group Icon
ashleigh
IS Offline

i'm not a girl, but if you look at me closely, you will see it in my eyes, this girl will always find her way. i'm not a girl don't tell me what to believe, i'm just trying to find the woman in me.

"Oh, I could overpower you if I wanted. I may be small, but I'm mighty!" she teased, sending her elbow into Jenson's side lightly. Feeling his arm flex against her side, she tried her hardest not to laugh, though she couldn't help the smile that stretched across her face, a smile that soon saw her cheeks turning a soft, rosy red when he complimented how she looked in her dress. "Thanks, Jenson" she offered him, her voice was soft and sweet. If there was one thing about Mireya Persico that almost anyone knew, it was that to compliment the tiny brunette meant bringing out a soft side of her that had her blushing. She knew that she was a beautiful girl, but always the baby left her with a sour impression with how people looked at her. Even to have Jenson there complimenting her managed to get the girl to blush. "You clean up pretty nicely yourself" she returned the compliment, letting her brown eyes look up at him, before drifting towards the room that they'd walked into.

"Oh, it's definitely not an easy task. Anyone that follows Jenson Hollingsworth is definitely someone that'll need to step up the game" she retorted, as he used his hands to reference his own physique and good looks. Reya simply gave a small smile and a shake of her head as they found their way to a designated table in the corner, a table for two marked with M. Persico on the place card. "Well, at least this year's auction went better than last years. Last year I went to some strange man that...wasn't really pleasant. He was kind of awkward and quiet and..creepy" she recalled, her memory from last year's auction was slightly vague, but she could at least remember a few details about the man that had won her, though his name had managed to escape her. "I'm actually kind of glad you won me. In two weeks, I won't get to see you or Caden or anyone really for three weeks when I'm off in beautiful Italy getting my twerk on" she teased, giving him a cheeky grin and a playful wink.

PM
^
JENSON HOLLINGSWORTH
 Posted: Aug 28 2013, 03:06 AM

EVENT PLANNER » MONTGOMERY PROD.
YEARS OLD
773 posts

Group Icon
JORDAN
IS Offline

I hear your heart beat to the beat of the drums. Oh what a shame that you came here with someone. So while you're here in my arms, Let's make the most of the night like we're gonna die young.

The twenty-three year old bit down on his lower lip. It was everything he could do not to burst out cackling. The thought of Reya, a girl that he was several inches taller than, overpowering him was just too funny. Sometimes he thought of his friend like a fiesty Chihuahua. Of course, if he ever said that to her he' d receive a swift kick to the shin, or worse, the balls. "I'd like to see you try, Persico. Jenson grinned boyishly in response to his date's words. It was actually refreshing that the pair could be nice to each other for a change. Normally they were too busy insulting each other to even consider paying any compliments. Noticing the slight blush in his companion's cheeks, he opted not to embarrass her, and responded with his own kind words upon her compliment. "Well, this doesn't happen naturally. A lot of beauty sleep and twerking exercises are involved."

He chuckled as Reya continued to stroke his ego. "Damn straight!" The boy wasn't nearly as vain as he was acting. The two friends had that type of friendship where everything was said jokingly. In fact, he would bet good money that Reya didn't take a single word he said seriously. Finally, the two approached a table that had been reserved specifically for Reya and her date. "Well, you're lucky that I won you this year or you could have ended up with someone even creepier... like Caden." Jenson feigned a grimace at the mention of his close friend and relative. He was also a close friend of Reya and no doubt she would have been equally happy if either of them had won her at auction. The two took their seats at the table and the girl told him of her plans to travel Italy. Jenson looked surprised for half a second. He had heard of these plans previously but they must have slipped his mind. "Well, it'll be nice to get out of the city for a while, plus, Italy will be beautiful this time of year. You're going with your cousin, right?"

PM
^
MIREYA PERSICO
 Posted: Sep 13 2013, 08:44 PM

YEARS OLD
3202 posts

Group Icon
ashleigh
IS Offline

"Keep laughing like that and you'll find out exactly just how feisty I am, Hollingsworth!" her tone of voice was serious, though the gentle smile that quickly had the corner of her lips curving upwards into that faint smile told Jenson what he likely already knew; that she was only pulling his leg. The banter the two shared, adding into the mix the banter that Caden Prescott could add in, was what kept the three of them so close, and what reminded her of just how good she had it when it came to her friends. While others may worry that betrayal lay amidst those they shared close ties to, Reya knew that both Jenson and Caden had her back if, and when, she needed them to. Of course, those thoughts did nothing to hide the blush already forming on her cheeks when Jenson complimented her, it was the exact same during the Valentine's Day ball where she and Caden spent a few hours talking and dancing together. "Twerking exercises? Hm, you might need to teach me your ways. You could be like my own personal Yoda or something."

Her teasing caused a soft laugh to escape her lips, but her brown eyes never left his face, not wanting to miss a single chuckle or smile as the thought of him teaching her to twerk and being her personal Yoda came to mind. Of course, she spent little time focusing on her inner-laughter as the two made their way over to the table reserved specifically for Reya and her date. She shook her head at the thought of Caden winning her and Jenson's reference to him being creepy. "Caden's not creepy. Just freakishly skinny and tall" she teased, with a shrug. "He might actually be skinnier than me...which is kind of sad for me" she thought about, the second it left her lips. "It already looks beautiful, Jenson. Laney sent me pictures...ugh. I can't wait" she answered, gushing over her plans to travel to Millan in a few weeks. "I'm going to visit her, I had an extra ticket and Ronnie is going with me so I won't be flying solo at least" she offered with a shrug, the thoughts of sharing this experience with one of her best friends certainly made her happy.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS   ADD REPLY  FAST REPLY  NEW TOPIC  

• T
  • o
  • g
  • g
  • l
  • e
  • C
  • b
  • o
  • x