new york city, new york
you know who we are. we’re the ones who believe that pleasure is the only intrinsic good, we’re the ones you avoid eye contact with when you’re walking the streets at dark, we’re the ones who pull the strings behind everything in town, you just like to pretend that we don’t. we’re the powerful, thoughtful ones who hold the economy and the populace from falling into anarchy. new york is a place where the bad succeed and the good are trampled under the feet of progress. be smart, be quick or get out because there’s no way you’ll survive in this kind of climate if you aren’t clever about it. feuds, betrayal, forbidden love, illicit affairs, stronger than blood friendships, brotherhoods and sisterhoods and everything else in between. when we aren’t trotting in louboutins or buttoning crisp brooks brothers, we’re drinking grey goose martinis and attending anything that has a free bar and the chance of networking. and you thought los angeles was dangerous? welcome to the upper wild side.
established in march 2012, upper wild side is an advanced, no word count roleplay that focuses on seven powerful, prestigious dynasties all of whom inhabit the city of new york. when registering we ask you do so with your character's first and last name in all uppercase letters. please make sure to check the wanted ads and canon lists before making any final decisions as particular characters are always needed! with that said, we hope you enjoy your time with us, and most importantly - have fun!
the staff team

ADD REPLY  NEW TOPIC  NEW POLL  

TREAT YOU LIKE A KING, ROME/MILKA
DANNIKA BAJEK
 Posted: Jul 25 2013, 08:09 AM
N/A

aspiring clothing desinger » n/a
YEARS OLD
172 posts

Group Icon
Sam
IS Offline

Labels out there, now they can't tell me nothing. We give that to the people, spread it across the country.

Never in her life did Dani ever see herself attending a date auction. Surely, she hadn't even considered participating in it all because of the opinion that it was simply a waste of time. The woman had far better things to do than stand on stage and be bidden on as if she was some sort of piece of art. Yes, it had been for a good cause, but the thirty-one year old had spent her parents' fair share of money on good causes since moving to The Big Apple several months ago. Between dinners and balls and auctions, thousands upon thousands of dollars had been donated to charities around the city that promised better homes, schools, and food for children, shelter for the homeless, and some that were in favor of helping out the animals. But the moment that she heard through the grapevine that Roman Dawes was a bachelor up for auction at the city's latest charity event, Dani couldn't help but to attend.

A check for $3,900 had been filled out, signed, and handed to a person Dani had recognized from several other events, but never took the time to remember the name. She had been made aware that she had not won the bid on Rome and the donation was not necessary. It was a forced effort, and a damn strong one at that, for Dani not to rolls her eyes and huff like a little child. She simply replied, "I'm aware. Please accept this anyway as a donation from the Bajeks who couldn't be present." Of course, the donation was gladly accepted and surely she would be getting a pleasant or treacherous phone call from her parents in the near future. That wasn't even a thought on the blonde's mind. She was on a mission and found herself wanting some alone time with the man who was turning out to be of interest to her. Not to mention, she did have a deal to settle with him. But first, he would have to allow her to take him out for the night. And after the date at the auction, Rome agreed with little persuasion on Dani's end.

Despite her request to be toured around 'the streets' of the big city, the two were cruising in Dani's former silver 2013 Astin Martin Apide. She had informed her bodyguards that she had won a date with a bachelor after having to work her charm on talking them into letting her attend the auction with no supervision. They compromised and agreed to wait in the lobby. After changing out of her strapless red dress that stopped in length just a couple of inches above the knee, Dani was still dressed in the very same dress and sported the sparkling red heels that matched. If all went well and as she hoped, the two would be wearing something a bit more casual for the night's future events.

Dani had parallel parked (nailed it on the first try, mind you) into a spot that was about a block away from Biagio's, a wonderful Italian restaurant on "her side of the city". The blonde turned the engine off and unbuckled her seatbelt before turning to face Rome who was still a bit bitter about now getting the drive his car himself. "I'm taking you out, Rome. It would be impolite if you drove." Dani informed him with a playful smile on her red lips. "Plus, she's mine until I get you home," she added, the smile turning into a smirk before she exited the car, making sure to lock it after her date exited as well. Inhaling deeply, blue orbs closed as the aroma of spaghetti and meatballs, italian bread, and red wine filled her nostrils. Dani approached the restaurant, walking side by side next to a man who clearly towered her. "We're not going in, though." Dani informed the handsome mechanic as they approached the entrance, her hand automatically reaching for his arm as if the physically prevent him from going any closer to the restaurant. If Rome thought the the things they texted about were a surprise, he was going to be astounded. At least by the time the night came to an end, he would be.
words - not a damn clue / notes - <3, yes?
PM
^
ROMAN DAWES
 Posted: Aug 6 2013, 06:02 PM

PROFESSIONAL BADASS » dawes garage
YEARS OLD
1101 posts

Group Icon
MILKA
IS Offline

I call you on the telephone My voice too rough with cigarettes I sometimes feel I should just go home but I'm dealing with a memory that never forgets I love to hear you say my name especially when you say yes I got your body right now on my mind

Rome managed to make it through his date alright, though not without cursing his sister every so often. Ending sharing a meal with Hailey didn't turn out to be so bad, mainly because they agreed to never acknowledge their awkward one night stand that resulted in nothing but a headache the following morning. Rome discovered he didn't mind her that much, but then he seemed to be developing an affinity for rich girls lately, hadn't he? Who would have figured.

Rome just chalked it up to life going on as normal and decided not to think about it any longer. He didn't honestly think that Dannika would give him her car, though seeing her at the auction all dolled up reminded him just who he was dealing with. He didn't set out to save her life, and while he didn't regret it, he had to wonder what it was about him that seemed to just attract women to him. His magnetic personality apparently, which really, could anyone blame them? Rome was clearly a catch.

He had no desire to repeat any of his dates like he did with Veronica, though he found the blonde exciting, she really was far too young for him in reality. Clearly he had a thing for rich blondes, though, and when Rome found himself on stage, watching as a few beautiful women battled it out for him no less, well, it did wonders for his ego. He did not think the night would end with him in a car sitting passenger side while Dannika (what was her last name? He couldn't recall) drove him someplace. Rome figured he might as well enjoy the ride and the lack of bodyguards who could put even his build to shame.

He wanted to get out of his suit (another thing his sister insisted upon) but it looked like he would be having a small adventure first. Dannika seemed unwilling to speak any more about the possibilities of where they were headed or plans in general, so Rome watched the city pass by as they continued on their way, only turning his head when she maneuvered the car into a parallel parking spot. Following her out of the car and onto the sidewalk, Rome raised an eyebrow when she told him they were not heading in. "Oh?" Rome prompted as he raised an eyebrow, clearly curious to see what she meant with such a cryptic statement.

notes; <3
PM
^
DANNIKA BAJEK
 Posted: Aug 10 2013, 09:22 PM
N/A

YEARS OLD
172 posts

Group Icon
Sam
IS Offline

Labels out there, now they can't tell me nothing. We give that to the people, spread it across the country.

The night was just beginning and she really hoped that Rome hadn't had any plans on calling it an early night. It was Saturday and at this point in time, the city was truly coming to life. People were leaving their homes to do heavens knew what. Dani was always a people person and the human mind was something that absolutely amused her to no end. She reasoned that had been why she was a total people person. And although Dani loved people, she wasn't one for crowds. Blue orbs peeked in through open shades and it looked like every table had been filled in Biagio's. Like she had previously said, the two weren't dining in, so the packed inside of the restaurant wasn't a worry to her. No, they would be eating somewhere much more secluded.

"We're going to be dining in more of a V.I.P. fashion," Dani informed her date after his inquiry as she stepped back out of view of the dining couples, friends, and families. Her full lips wore a soft smile and there was an excited sparkle in her eye. She had never done anything like this. Yes, she had been on marvelous date before with some good men who managed to always come up short in one area or anther. But never... never had she been the one to plan a date. There was no complaining on her end about it since this particular blonde was one who believed she was as independent as they came. And there was no denying that she had a clever imagination who's thoughts and dreams sometimes became reality.

The blonde stepped in front of the suited man with a widened smile as she knocked on the side door of the restaurant. Not more than several seconds went by before the door had been answered by one of the waiters, a young Italian man who Dani recognized right of the bat for this was her sixth or seventh trip to the restaurant. "Gio!" the name came out with excitement. "Questa è la mia data. Abbiamo una prenotazione per un tavolo per due in una posizione molto più ... privato." The words came out in Italian, a language the blonde became fairly fluent in after English. Dani had then stepped to the side a bit as a way to introduce Gio to Rome. A small laugh and wide grin was sported on the woman's lips after the waiter had reported that her date was one of the more handsome men spotted around here and added that she was lucky to have him as her date. Dani agreed and thanked the waiter before he properly introduced himself to Rome and requested that they follow him. With that being said, they were led into the side entrance, an entrance that not very many diners had the privilege of entering through.

The clicking and clacking of her heels were almost silenced by the red carpet as they were led up a short flight of stairs that led to a door. This door was what officially separated Dani and Rome from not only the rest of the diners, but the rest of the world as well. Officially exiting the building, there was a circular table in the middle of the roof. A white tablecloth was covering it and the only source of light came from half a dozen lit candles and the lights of the city. The was also a low volume of Italian music playing in the background. It honestly looked like a scene from romantic movies that Dani had seen over and over again. Nonetheless, her breath was taken away as her eyes grew wide. This was much more beautiful than she imagined.

After they sat down, Gio got orders for their drinks. Dani was in the mood for an expensive glass of wine, but a bottle had already been provided. After their waiter left, she turned her full attention to Rome. She couldn't quite read him, but he was still there. That had to be a good sign, right? "So, welcome to Biagio's," the words came out with a sincere excitement before she continued. "I"m not sure if you've been here before, but this is really the best seat in the house. I promise. And as far as dinner goes, I think we're making our own pizza. Gio will bring a bunch of toppings, the dough, and sauce. We can do whatever with it unless you rather order something from the menu," Dani added with a small shrug. Personally, she had a creative and fun side that was aching to be set free, but if Rome truly wanted just to order something, that worked for all. After all, she was treating him.
PM
^
ROMAN DAWES
 Posted: Aug 18 2013, 07:07 PM

YEARS OLD
1101 posts

Group Icon
MILKA
IS Offline

I call you on the telephone My voice too rough with cigarettes I sometimes feel I should just go home but I'm dealing with a memory that never forgets I love to hear you say my name especially when you say yes I got your body right now on my mind

No one would ever deny that Rome would always be the type of man who liked to control a situation. He had an alpha-male personality, one that he felt no shame in exerting on an every day basis. He would always be the man who radiated intelligence, power and respect, so why not utilize that? His employees always came to him because they knew he would handle something, just like how his name was known on the street in his criminal circles. Still, as much as Rome liked to be the one holding the reigns as it were, he felt enough curiosity and amusement to let Dannika be the leader, at least for a little bit.

After all, no harm in seeing just what the blonde wanted to share, right? Rome could admit his own curiosity to himself, especially since she seemed so flippant, giving into his demands as if he asked for fifty cents and not a car almost worth a million dollars. Rome had to wonder what it felt like, to be that rich and not needing to worry about anything. He grew up poor and learned the importance of a dollar ever since he was old enough to be put to work. He didn't resent Dannika, but the differences would no doubt become all the more apparent as time went on.

Still, what did it matter? He doubted this would evolve into anything, so he might as well enjoy it while it lasted, and Rome would never be too proud to let a pretty woman treat him nice. His amusement clearly evident on his face, Rome stood a few inches behind Dannika as she led the way to a side door, watching with some interest as she spoke in rapid fire Italian with a gentleman who no doubt worked for the restaurant.

Rome inclined his head in greeting when the man turned to him, but other than that he merely followed Dannika inside, hands shoved in his pockets as he glanced around. Rome always liked to be aware of his surroundings, but mostly he couldn't help but take in the opulence and find it all a bit hilariously overdone. Talk about rich people and their need to always look the best and have the best, even if it just seemed overworked to the average person. Still, Rome figured he should enjoy the free meal, so why not just go with it?

Taking a seat opposite Dannika, Rome observed their private room, raising an eyebrow as he took in the plushness of the whole area. It felt like that scene from The Lady and the Tramp and Rome resisted the urge to joke and ask if they would have a stoutly chef come out to serenade them an accordion. Settled in his seat, Rome listened as Dannika spoke, raising one shoulder as she finished. "To be honest food is food, I don't really care." As long as it tasted good and kept him going, Rome could live off of ramen noodles. "But pizza is as good as anything else, but this seems a bit fancy just for some pizza."

Rome smirked, his eyes twinkling. "Average mom and pop pizza joints too common for you?"

notes; <3
PM
^
DANNIKA BAJEK
 Posted: Aug 24 2013, 07:30 PM
N/A

YEARS OLD
172 posts

Group Icon
Sam
IS Offline

A rather amused expression was sported on Dani's face as she thought about the phone conversation that would more than likely occur the following day or the day following that. Mrs. Bajek wouldn't really care that over a thousand dollars had been donated to a charity in which her beloved daughter didn't necessarily win. The woman would be proud that Dani had taken such a fine man out, but being as old-fashioned as she was, Dani's mother seemed to think that a date nowadays was something that a couple did when they were looking into developing a relationship together. Dani would have to make sure that her mother didn't get that impression because that was no what this was. While there was no denying that Rome amused the rich blonde and was a man who she was highly physically attracted to, their date was simple. It was really more of a polite gesture and way for her to get to better know the man than anything remotely close to her mother's outdated definition of the word.

Bright blue orbs stayed focused on the man before her as she observed him while he spoke. Surely, it had to a positive sign that he hadn't left or even jumped off the rooftop, correct? She watched as his facial expression seemed to be one of curiosity and amusement, which was what one would hope for. Dani had been on a couple of dates since moving to the Big Apple. Nothing serious, of course. But never had she put in such an effort to make the date as unique as it was. How many people could say that they dined with only one other person around on the rooftop of one of the city's finest Italian restaurants and get to make their own pizza? Ever Dani herself was proud to admit that this was a first for her.

The blonde listened to her date as he spoke, nodding as she agreed with what was being said. Biagio's was a place that did seem a bit over the top for just some pizza. In fact, that had been her own thoughts of the place her first time coming here. "I do agree. I have yet to try some of their other dishes, but I have had about half the menu over the past couple of months. And their pizza is to die for," she retorted with a small smile. It was hard to not like the fact that Rome was everything but a picky eater. Then again, this was something that she figured through their text conversation in the recent past. He seemed to be the type of man what would be satisfied by anything that was either easily afforded or given for free. Dani was quite the opposite herself. Not in the sense that she was picky in the things that were given to her, but in the sense that there was nothing more that she would love to be able to get her own things herself.

As Rome watched her with those sparkling eyes and smirk, Dani couldn't help but to tilt her head to the side a bit with curiosity as he asked her the question that she had been waiting for. He had already teased her about her riches and high-maintenance life-style, although not all of it it was necessarily her choosing or liking. "Not necessarily..." she started with a small laugh. "I just have yet to try... mom and pop pizza joints. I bet there are good ones somewhere in the city." The words were mused out loud and a small smirk of her own began to appear of ruby red lips before her attention was directed to the waiter who presented himself and three other waiters with the ingredients for their pizza. Dani thanked the men prior to them leaving and turned her attention to Rome. "Shall we?" she invited with excitement as she stood from her chair and took the several steps to the dough, sauce, and about a dozen ingredients that was planed on a large wooden table with a white tablecloth, which made no sense to the woman. Tongue traced over her lips as she eyes took in the cut up meats, cheeses, and veggies. "Please tell me that you're not a salad pizza kind of man," she teased with a smirk of her own before helping herself to a piece of bacon. It was then that she took the initiative and started to put the sauce on the dough. This would likely be the best pizza known to mankind.
PM
^
ROMAN DAWES
 Posted: Sep 8 2013, 05:49 PM

YEARS OLD
1101 posts

Group Icon
MILKA
IS Offline

After the disastrous encounter with Hailey, Rome almost welcomed this distraction. He had no idea where the night would lead, and he could admit he felt a bit of excitement at the prospect, but Rome had a busy business to run, so he couldn't be galvanizing all over New York City on the whim of a rich heiress or whatever Dannika was. He would accept the free food and be on his way, but he couldn't help but feel like he was being wined and dined, as if the woman wanted to impress him. For a second Rome wondered if this was how women felt before he brushed that thought off, shivering at the thought.

"So you just eat here every night?" Despite his sister's goodnatured heckling, Rome could actually be quite charming but more than that, he could also hold up his end of the conversation. Of course he would rather discuss cars, but he didn't have the time to educate someone who probably didn't even know what model she drove (or used to drive, if she still fancied giving Rome her car at the end of the night). Not that Rome would actually take her car, he had only been teasing and then curious to see how far she would go, and it looked like Rome still did not have an answer to his curiosity.

Standing up as she did, his chair making a scraping news against the hard floor as he did so, he watched as she practically glowed as she made her pizza. "I'm fine with anything," Rome said with amusement, clearly finding it much more fun to watch her create her concoction than to join her. "Salad has its time and place, but I find it hard to believe you live off of just carbohydrates." He indicated her lithe figure with a suggestive look before grinning.

notes; <3
PM
^
DANNIKA BAJEK
 Posted: Sep 9 2013, 10:52 PM
N/A

YEARS OLD
172 posts

Group Icon
Sam
IS Offline

Roman hadn't made up some excuse as to why he had to leave suddenly, so Dani took that as a point for her. She wasn't quite sure why she had felt the need to impress this man, but the pressure was there. It could be felt poking at the back of her mind. All her life, the blonde had been viewed by others as high maintenance, materialistic, and boring. This is a fairly big chunk of the reason why Miss Bajek wanted to move to the The Big Apple: she wanted to prove the stereotypes wrong. And perhaps dining in one of the well-known restaurants (on the roof, mind you) in the city wasn't the best way to be subtle about it, but it did seem to be working. After all, what was there to dislike about free food and some good company

The sprinkling of sausage on the pizza came to a stop as soft red lips curled into a small smile, an amused laughed following. She appreciated the fact that Rome was able to keep a conversation flowing, which seemed to be a quality that many folks lacked nowadays. Head tilted to the side as she offered him her attention, that smile widening. "Just until I improve my culinary skills," the blonde stated teasingly although she was half serious. During her stay, there had been lots of dining out and carry outs, but over the past few weeks Dani had been trying hard to get a grasp of the whole cooking thing. "Don't worry, I do switch it up now and then. Maybe I'll have to give an average mom and pop place a visit too."

Dani hadn't noticed Rome rise from his seat as she worked on the pizza, now adding a few slices of pepperoni. It was pleasant that her date had trusted her with the creation of their dinner. The smile never faded from her lips as her attention was once again turned to Rome. She could feel a grin of her own approaching due to the compliment and the odds would have it that her cheeks turned to a pink color. In all honesty, Dani loved food. She loved to eat and now that she thought about it, the woman realized that she was always munching on something. Whether it was a salad, meat filled pizza, or some fruit, Dani never really complained. "I appreciate the compliment, and I also feel that salad does have it's time and place. Just like pizza and assorted chocolates," she mused out loud before letting her eyes glide over the man's own muscular build. "It doesn't look like you live off just carbs yourself." Dani stated with a grin of her own before returning to the pizza, adding some bacon and finishing it off with some green olives. "What do you think of my masterpiece? I'm open for suggestions," the blonde stated with a chuckle as she looked over the pizza which looked pretty darn good from her point of view. Maybe it did need some more cheese, but coming off as going completely overboard wasn't in her agenda for the night.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS   ADD REPLY  NEW TOPIC  NEW POLL  

• T
  • o
  • g
  • g
  • l
  • e
  • C
  • b
  • o
  • x