new york city, new york
you know who we are. we’re the ones who believe that pleasure is the only intrinsic good, we’re the ones you avoid eye contact with when you’re walking the streets at dark, we’re the ones who pull the strings behind everything in town, you just like to pretend that we don’t. we’re the powerful, thoughtful ones who hold the economy and the populace from falling into anarchy. new york is a place where the bad succeed and the good are trampled under the feet of progress. be smart, be quick or get out because there’s no way you’ll survive in this kind of climate if you aren’t clever about it. feuds, betrayal, forbidden love, illicit affairs, stronger than blood friendships, brotherhoods and sisterhoods and everything else in between. when we aren’t trotting in louboutins or buttoning crisp brooks brothers, we’re drinking grey goose martinis and attending anything that has a free bar and the chance of networking. and you thought los angeles was dangerous? welcome to the upper wild side.
established in march 2012, upper wild side is an advanced, no word count roleplay that focuses on seven powerful, prestigious dynasties all of whom inhabit the city of new york. when registering we ask you do so with your character's first and last name in all uppercase letters. please make sure to check the wanted ads and canon lists before making any final decisions as particular characters are always needed! with that said, we hope you enjoy your time with us, and most importantly - have fun!
the staff team

ADD REPLY  NEW TOPIC  NEW POLL  

crave you, t: rubee ♡
REID CARMICHAEL
 Posted: Mar 16 2014, 09:59 PM

physical therapist » private practice
YEARS OLD
580 posts

Group Icon
holly
IS Offline

breathe out so i can breathe you in

it'd been a while since they'd last seen each other, a while since he'd last been able to run his fingers up her skin and burrow his face in her shoulder, pressing kisses between breaths. he'd been unceremoniously pulled from the revery of their shared lustful bliss and into a world of annoying responsibilities. his mother had needed him all the way back in california, and never able to say no to her, he'd returned begrudgingly. a few weeks had passed and it had been almost unbearable by the end of it, the yearning to be back at bree's house, tangled in her sheets with messy hair and hooded eyes. it had gotten so bad that even hearing her voice was enough to have him nearly ready to jump on the next plane. the void had certainly pushed him to think about things. like how she was the only woman he really wanted to be with. or how she made him feel more than just lust, how his legs occasionally felt like putty when she whispered in his ear, her hot breath tickling his neck. she had pulled him down from wherever he'd been, and hadn't quite seemed to let go. not that he wanted that.

fortunately, however, reid's mother had allowed him to return home once they had finished their business. he'd barely been off the plane before he'd started texting bree, and, without even returning to his own apartment reid found himself clicking open the front door that she'd inevitably left unlocked for him. he could hear the shower running and, immediately unable to control himself, moved swiftly to her bedroom. pulling off his coat and kicking off his shoes, he dropped the material on a chair before heading into the bathroom. the room was clouded with mist and he could barely see the familiar body behind the shaded glass. taking care to make enough noise to notify her of his presence, he gaped around the room. instead of disrobing and climbing into the shower behind her, he took the liberty to sit on the edge of the bathtub and wait for her to finish. "looks great from out here," he teased, leaning back on the ledge.

ignore the lack of template. luv u
PM
^
AUBREE MAXWELL
 Posted: Mar 16 2014, 11:48 PM

dancer » dollhouse
YEARS OLD
970 posts

Group Icon
KAY
IS Offline

He took the heart of a little girl & made it grow up too fast Now words like "innocence" Don't mean a thing You hear the music play But you can't sing Those pictures in your mind Keep you locked up inside your past This is a song for the broken girl The one pushed aside by the cold, cold world

impatient and feeling cranky because she hadn't showered since the day before last, bree wound up stripping herself down faster than she'd anticipated. teasing reid some more before she finally got into her bathroom, turning on the shower and allowing it to steam up a bit, bree leaned against the cool glass, smiling to herself. while her life wasn't near perfect, it was pretty damn good at the moment. she was sober, and continuing her meetings.. they they were not fun. they still helped. aside from that, she was getting back into running, and had actually successfully been running 2-3 miles one way, and then back, every other day. it was a slow progress, but one nonetheless. then there was the fact that she'd quite dollhouse. not an easy decision, but for the sake of her sanity, she needed it. warmed up, the brunette slipped into the shower, allowing the hot water to run over her skin, turning her a decent shade of red.

and then there was reid. having fought her feelings for him so long, these past few weeks of him being gone had turned her into more of a bitch than she could even comprehend herself. though it wasn't the regular snappy, sassy remarks that she had made her signature over the years. this was more that her patience ran short, and she found herself not wanting to venture out as more. never had she expected herself to care nearly to the vastness that she did, but it was pretty clear. the moment he'd told her he was back in new york, that familiar trist of nerves and quickened pulse returned, and she felt more alive. it was the feeling that also grew deeper when she heard the bathroom door and smiled to herself. watching him intently through the water fall, she smirked, grabbing her bottle of body wash. "you just going to watch, or are you going to actually join me?" she preferred the latter, the need to touch him was almost paralyzing.

lawl this sucks, soz
PM
^
REID CARMICHAEL
 Posted: Mar 17 2014, 12:06 AM

YEARS OLD
580 posts

Group Icon
holly
IS Offline

to say that things between them had been difficult would be an understatement. bree's and reid's relationship with one another had been all over the map, with a very fractured foundation at the base. but, for the month and a bit before he'd gone back to california, things had carried with them a semblance of normalcy. they weren't fighting, they were rebuilding, fixing everything that had gotten so messy the first time around. it was relaxing, in a way. he no longer felt on edge around her, and even though bree never failed to make the blood boil in his veins from time to time, it was never out of frustration over whatever it was they shared. he just enjoyed being around her, being able to breathe in the scent of her shampoo and trace kisses up her spine. they had settled into a pattern and even though they never spoke about it, what they had had all of a sudden become different.

part of him felt like it wasn't fair that she could see him but he couldn't see her, and then the other part of him only revelled in the anticipation of knowing that he eventually would. so he remained seated, biting the inside of his cheek while watching the vague contours of her silhouette as she moved behind the glass. "i think i'll wait, build up the tension," reid remarked, grinning to himself as he eased into his smug self. if he knew anything about bree, it was that she wanted this as much as he did. as much as it pained him to sit there and avoid running right to her body, he knew that the yearning was mirrored in her, as well. but she would be out of the shower momentarily, and he figured that he could at least fight the urge that long. "unless you need me to get all the hard to reach spots, of course." he said, still leaning back with the grin on his lips. he had no intentions of moving, but he was curious as to her response.

stfu ur cut ur CUT
PM
^
AUBREE MAXWELL
 Posted: Mar 17 2014, 02:51 AM

dancer » dollhouse
YEARS OLD
970 posts

Group Icon
KAY
IS Offline

He took the heart of a little girl & made it grow up too fast Now words like "innocence" Don't mean a thing You hear the music play But you can't sing Those pictures in your mind Keep you locked up inside your past This is a song for the broken girl The one pushed aside by the cold, cold world

narrowing her eyes at him, every nerve in her body was on alert. knowing that he couldn't see everything, but enough to still bother her. "mm, you're only harming yourself." because really, he was the one who had something to lose. an opportunity to have her hands all over his body in a way that was completely different from when they were in bed. which was still nice, but different. "i suppose i'll wash up and then throw on some clean clothes." letting out an exaggerated sigh, she turned, grinning to herself again before lathering up the loofah. pushing her wet hair to one side, bree began the task of running it over her shoulders and down her arms. once both were done, it made the move to her chest, and down to her toned stomach.

it'd been far too long, and bree just wanted to feel him near her. hell, he didn't even have to touch her, not that she'd last long before taunting him. they were finally in a good spot, in a semi-normal one. right now, this was the kind of feeling she wanted to cling onto. "as much as i'd like to be, i'm not flexible enough to reach my entire back." admitting, but the coy smile would also give her away. reaching for the wash cloth that she could lather up and use if he was really going to be an ass and remain out of the shower, bree began to slowly add body wash to it, rubbing it between her palms. "how long has it been?" she asked, curious if he knew.

UP IN FLAMES, CUE THE RAINNNNNN

PM
^
REID CARMICHAEL
 Posted: Mar 17 2014, 10:48 PM

YEARS OLD
580 posts

Group Icon
holly
IS Offline

"mm, you're only harming yourself." rolling his eyes at his response, reid straightened his posture, effectively straightening his own resolve. he'd lasted a few weeks at this point, a few more drawn out minutes wouldn't kill him. as much as he reminded himself of this, though, he could still feel his willpower slowly trickling out of his body. he wasn't entirely aroused, but he was close enough. "i've endured worse, bree," he commented, chuckling mostly to himself. exhaling deeply, he attempted to wave away from of the mist that was condensing around him, forming into little beads at his hairline. the longer he sat there in the heat, the more hard it was becoming to stay firmly positioned away from her. all he wanted was to rid himself of the straining clothing and jump into the shower. but he wouldn't break.

"you really think you're going to make it as far as clean clothes?" he teased, shaking his head in minor disbelief. it was just another one of her ways of making him shake. but their resolves were both up, and it was apparent that neither one was quite ready to fold their cards. he tossed around her comment about not being able to reach her back, considering it but ultimately shrugging it away. "you're plenty flexible - i know this from experience. try harder," the last bit seemed to resonate with himself, too. it was difficult to restrain himself. rolling his neck, he lifted a hand up to massage the back of his neck. he was grasping at straws here. clearing his throat, he played it off as though he needed a few moments before answering her question. maybe it was pathetic, but he knew the exact amount of time it had been since he'd left her apartment before flying out to california. he thought it helped keep him organized, but it was only making the pressure surmount. "three-ish weeks, give or take," reid quipped, smiling between his words. "you about done?"

drink from the forbidden fruit and get loOoOOose
PM
^
AUBREE MAXWELL
 Posted: Mar 18 2014, 01:07 AM

dancer » dollhouse
YEARS OLD
970 posts

Group Icon
KAY
IS Offline

annoyance began to ebb at her patience. reid knew just the right ways and times to press her buttons, and that still pissed her off. even more now that she wasn't able to go soothe her ego with a shot or two of tequila. then again, in her case it had normally been the whole damn bottle. eventually, she'd wear him down if she took long enough. if there was significant damage already done to his willpower. three weeks? nearly a month.. before he'd left they'd hardly gone two days without touching one another. it was that realization that sunk in, leaving her stomach turning, and her feeling rather breathless. although it was still extremely hard for her to deal with, it was kind of nice yearning and feeling like she needed him in her life. "oh i will. that's the bonus about self-defense classes, and kickboxing. i'm now a very real threat to you if i wanted to be." grinning to herself, she knew he'd say she didn't want to be. "and don't test me. you know i take challenges seriously."

with ridiculous slowness, she finally sat the body wash down and slid the washcloth behind her back, grabbing it with her other hand to pull it across her skin since he was clearly not going to move yet. "nope. i think i still have to wash my hair, and then there's conditioner. i should probably do a touch up job on shaving my legs. and then i could use some extra time with the steam to keep my lungs healthy." bree knew she was pushing it, but goddamnit, she was going to push it for all she could. getting him riled up was fun, and it never hurt. it'd be a lie if she said she wasn't terrified over those feelings she now couldn't shove down. the ones that'd send her into her own world of bliss when he was around. the difference was, she was finally allowing herself to feel, the good and the bad. not that she had yet to let him in fully. those things took time.

THE CITY WAS ON FIRE FOR US, WE WOULD'VE DIED FOR US

PM
^
REID CARMICHAEL
 Posted: Mar 23 2014, 01:06 PM

YEARS OLD
580 posts

Group Icon
holly
IS Offline

the problem with their relationship wasn't that they couldn't reconcile their differences; the problem was in the fact that they were too similar. after years of let downs and disappointments at the hands of other people, both had been shaped into highly impatient people. but more than that, they were stubborn. it made their situation complicated, but it also happened to make it entertaining. reid would have agreed that the drinking had definitely helped subside the struggles, but it had been a toxic set up, and had left him wondering if the crux of their dalliance was alcohol. fortunately, the two had seemed to outlast the drinking, and in a way, the time they spent together had become more enjoyable without the cloudy judgment. at her next comment, he laughed heartily whilst imagining bree attacking him. "you know that as soon as i touch you, you're going to be a puddle," he teased, shaking his head. of course, his will would be goon as well, but he didn't have to mention that.

hearing her annoyingly long list of things she still had to do, he let out an audible groan, rolling his eyes as well. god, she could be so frustrating."you're so full of shit," he replied, grinning. reid stretched his arms above his head, letting out a deep exhale as he did so. if she was going to insist on taking her sweet time, he figured he should practice some calming techniques. maybe he should just let her continue at her annoyingly drawn out pace and he could just go scour her fridge for some food. at the thought of food, he felt his stomach grumble. standing up, he looked about the mist filled room, "fine, take your time, i'll just find something else to occupy my time." he knew the distance he put between them would be beneficial for him - might allow him to take his mind off of the naked body that was mere feet from him. "come find me when you're done purifying," he teased, before slipping slowly and quietly out the door. part of him assumed she would follow him out immediately, but the other part was instantly too hungry to care.

drink from the forbidden fruit and get loOoOOose
PM
^
AUBREE MAXWELL
 Posted: Mar 25 2014, 07:49 AM

dancer » dollhouse
YEARS OLD
970 posts

Group Icon
KAY
IS Offline

he was right, and that angered her even more. the truth was she'd already done most of what she named off before he got here. hoping that once he did arrive, they'd spend the rest of the time getting soaked from head to toe, and possibly pressed up against the shower wall. that was the hardest thing to predict when it came to them. trying to figure out if you went one way, like she'd chosen to with drawing it out, if he'd follow along, or give in. it was always a 50/50 chance. and sadly, she'd felt like she lost this one as he dared to rise up and exit the bathroom, she growled under her breath. "you ass!" she shouted over the water, pouting to herself. their time together never did go without some sort of challenge, it seemed. this having been one of the biggest yet since they'd finally both stopped running from one another. after about five minutes of finishing to wash up, bree let out a sigh and shut off the water, stepping out and wrapping a towel around her body momentarily. as she thought about it, she bit her lip and pulled it away.

she quickly dried herself off before walking into her bedroom naked. the door between her bedroom and the living room stood open, allowing reid the pleasure of seeing her as she stood at her dressed, opening a drawer to select clothing. he knew that this was torturous for her as well. frankly all she wanted to do was touch his skin, her lips to his, wrap her legs around his waist, and simply fuck. was that so much to ask for? after selecting a tank top and shorts, bree moved to slip into them before exiting the bedroom to look at him. "seriously? that's why you left the bathroom?" narrowing her eyes at him. "i'm a little concerned that you preferred food over me after nearly a month." inching closer to the couch, bree knew that the moment she sat down and touched him, she wouldn't want to let go. the pounding in her chest told her that. reid had become such a fixture in her life, and she loved it, but still hated parts of it at the same time.

THE CITY WAS ON FIRE FOR US, WE WOULD'VE DIED FOR US
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS   ADD REPLY  NEW TOPIC  NEW POLL  

• T
  • o
  • g
  • g
  • l
  • e
  • C
  • b
  • o
  • x