new york city, new york
you know who we are. we’re the ones who believe that pleasure is the only intrinsic good, we’re the ones you avoid eye contact with when you’re walking the streets at dark, we’re the ones who pull the strings behind everything in town, you just like to pretend that we don’t. we’re the powerful, thoughtful ones who hold the economy and the populace from falling into anarchy. new york is a place where the bad succeed and the good are trampled under the feet of progress. be smart, be quick or get out because there’s no way you’ll survive in this kind of climate if you aren’t clever about it. feuds, betrayal, forbidden love, illicit affairs, stronger than blood friendships, brotherhoods and sisterhoods and everything else in between. when we aren’t trotting in louboutins or buttoning crisp brooks brothers, we’re drinking grey goose martinis and attending anything that has a free bar and the chance of networking. and you thought los angeles was dangerous? welcome to the upper wild side.
established in march 2012, upper wild side is an advanced, no word count roleplay that focuses on seven powerful, prestigious dynasties all of whom inhabit the city of new york. when registering we ask you do so with your character's first and last name in all uppercase letters. please make sure to check the wanted ads and canon lists before making any final decisions as particular characters are always needed! with that said, we hope you enjoy your time with us, and most importantly - have fun!
the staff team

ADD REPLY  NEW TOPIC  NEW POLL  

you just being here make me better, laxe/italy <3
DELANEY PERSICO
 Posted: Sep 2 2013, 06:16 PM

graphic designer » Cosmo/Rebel Records
YEARS OLD
695 posts

Group Icon
Mel
IS Offline

So please don't judge me And I won't judge you Cause it could get ugly Before it gets beautiful Please don't judge me And I won't judge you And if you love me Then let it be beautiful Let it be beautiful

Our love was made to rule the world you came and
broke the perfect girl
Her months in Italy were slowly drawing to a close. In her heart she was sad that this opportunity was about to fade away. It really felt good to be free from all of the drama that New York had to offer her. Yes, there was her family and friends that were still left back home but, having some of them come out and keep her company had made that void feel a lot smaller. Though there was one person back home that was paining her to be without. Xavier Hawthorne. Most of her family didn't know much about the hot cop, except for her aunt Karmen and now her friend Lexi Montgomery. It wasn't as if she was keeping him secret it was just that she was playing it safe. When it came to relationships Laney wasn't one to keep a stable, healthy, and committed one for very long. She always found a way to mess things up before she ended up getting hurt in the long run. In her mind it was always better to hurt someone else than to be hurt herself.

However, this relationship with Axe was making her feel different. She was becoming welcome to the idea of having someone that was her own. Someone that she could turn to when she needed someone to talk to. That's what Axe had given her. He was more than just a guy she rolled around in the sheets with. The man was working his way into her heart slowly. If she was totally honest with herself it scared her. Now all she could think about was when she was totally mess things up for the two of them.Letting out a quick sigh she looked at her Macbook that was now sitting before her. She had several deadlines she had to meet before her departure from Italy in a few short weeks. Now all she felt was overwhelmed and swamped. It was times like these when she needed Axe and a nice cold beer to make her feel a little easy.

Just as she was about to put the finishing touches on a photo she heard a slight knock at her door. "I wonder who that is," she said to herself as she slid off of the couch. She had made some new friends at the office but, none of which she had contact with at her own home. Opening the door she was met with the hazel eyes that she had missed dearly. "Oh my god," she spoke as she covered her mouth. "Xavier what are you doing here?" she asked as she looked him over. If this was a dream she damn sure didn't want to wake up from it. At least not now.

© darren criss
PM
^
XAVIER HAWTHORNE
 Posted: Sep 18 2013, 07:55 PM

DETECTIVE, HOMICIDE » NYPD
YEARS OLD
547 posts

Group Icon
ASHLEIGH
IS Offline

hate the mind, regrets are better left unspoken, for all we know, this void will grow and everything's in vain, distressing you though it leaves me open, feels so right, but i'll end this all before it gets me.

For Xavier Hawthorne, he managed to keep himself safe and clear of any relationships, or relationship-type feelings for anyone since Marissa had died, mostly wanting to avoid the agonizing pain of opening himself up to someone else, only to be left hurting in the end. He'd never experienced that kind of pain before, the kind where you were left loving and longing for the person you loved the most in the world, a person that would never be coming back. For some, getting over such tragedies is harder than others. He spent weeks in bed trying to figure out where things went wrong, and how he could've fixed them, helped her, gotten her through the tough time that she was going through, if only he'd paid a little bit more attention to the obvious signs.

This pain, though not nearly on the level that it was with Marissa, was another he'd become quite unfamiliar with. Axe had never let himself admit to feeling anything more for the beautiful Colombian who managed to wrangle her way into his hardened heart, but he knew they were there. They were beginnig to build, slowly but surely, and he hadn't the slightest idea on how to stop them, fix them, or prevent them from growing stronger. Truth be told, he wasn't even sure if he really wanted to or not.

He'd landed in Italy several hours before he showed up, and managed to rent a hotel room only for the sake of showering and changing into something a little less jet-laggy and a little more presentable. He'd wanted to surprise Laney with his presence, but he didn't want to strike fear into the girl by showing up looking like a scattered mess. He knocked, he waited, and the gasp that escaped her pursed lips was exactly what he wanted to hear. A smile quickly crossed his own lips as he stood before her, arms outstretched and a grin plastered on his face. "I wanted it to be a surprise. Surprise!" he exclaimed, with a soft laugh. "I actually had a little help. Your aunt Karmen, she uh...she came to see me. She can be very persuasive when she wants to be" he teased, with a shrug. He'd have to remember to thank her the next time he ran into her. "Italy looks good on you, Laney" he complimented, not letting his eyes leave hers, not even to give her a once-over.

tag: mel/laney. | notes: ilysm. <3
i would, i would
Would he say he's in L-O-V-E? Well if it was me then I would Would he hold you when you're feeling low baby you should know that I would
© kristen
PM
^
DELANEY PERSICO
 Posted: Sep 28 2013, 09:20 PM

graphic designer » Cosmo/Rebel Records
YEARS OLD
695 posts

Group Icon
Mel
IS Offline

So please don't judge me And I won't judge you Cause it could get ugly Before it gets beautiful Please don't judge me And I won't judge you And if you love me Then let it be beautiful Let it be beautiful

Our love was made to rule the world you came and
broke the perfect girl
There he stood before her with his arms outstretched and that smile that she loved so much. Quickly she wrapped her arms around his broad body. He still smelled the same as she remembered. Standing back she looked over him once more. She wanted to make sure that he was okay. Make sure that he didn't have any extra holes in his body from a gun fight or anything while she had been away. "New York seems to have been treating you well." she spoke softly as she moved aside to let him inside. The last thing she needed was for her neighbors to feel as if she were just another noisy American tourist with strange men dropping in on her doorstep.

"Aunt Karmen?" she asked with a confused look on her face. The last time she had spoken with her aunt was to confirm that Reya had made it safely to Italy and that things were going well for her. However, she did speak of missing Axe just a little. She didn't want anyone back home thinking that she was over in Italy homesick and suffering. She had missed Axe a lot though since she couldn't hop in a cab and see him whenever she felt like it. "My aunt Karmen had something to do with you being here?" she wanted some answers right now. "I didn't even know you two spoke on that level."

© darren criss
PM
^
XAVIER HAWTHORNE
 Posted: Oct 4 2013, 09:33 PM

DETECTIVE, HOMICIDE » NYPD
YEARS OLD
547 posts

Group Icon
ASHLEIGH
IS Offline

hate the mind, regrets are better left unspoken, for all we know, this void will grow and everything's in vain, distressing you though it leaves me open, feels so right, but i'll end this all before it gets me.

His laugh was soft, as his arms wrapped around her slender body and, for a second or two, he'd lifted her off her feet. He took a moment to take everything in; the look of her, the feel of her in his arms, the softness of her skin against his, a feeling that he'd missed since she'd been away, her scent. It all brought back so many memories, all of them pleasant ones that had his heart jumping. He quickly put distance between his body and her own, though, wanting to do what he could to prevent her from seeing exactly how happy he was to see her. While yes, he'd admitted on a number of occasions that he'd missed her being in New York or within arm’s reach of him, he'd never admitted much more than that to her, and he wanted to be sure his heart and his head were each in the same place. It'd been such a long time since he felt anything for another woman, since Marissa anyway, and he wasn't about to dive into something that neither he, nor Laney, were truly ready for.

"Well, I wouldn't say we talk on that level or anything. She just...happened to be eating at the same place I was one day, realized who I was I guess and we talked" he offered with a very nonchalant, mild shrug of his shoulders. "It's no big deal, Laney, she didn't hold a gun to my head, she just...made a few choice observations that I looked like I could use a vacation. The fact that I'm here was my doing" he continued, giving her a smile as he walked into her temporary home. "Besides, shouldn't we focus on the fact that I'm here now, and not the how's or the why's? New York misses you, Laney. I miss you."

tag: mel/laney. | notes: ilysm. <3
i would, i would
Would he say he's in L-O-V-E? Well if it was me then I would Would he hold you when you're feeling low baby you should know that I would
© kristen
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS   ADD REPLY  NEW TOPIC  NEW POLL  

• T
  • o
  • g
  • g
  • l
  • e
  • C
  • b
  • o
  • x