new york city, new york
you know who we are. we’re the ones who believe that pleasure is the only intrinsic good, we’re the ones you avoid eye contact with when you’re walking the streets at dark, we’re the ones who pull the strings behind everything in town, you just like to pretend that we don’t. we’re the powerful, thoughtful ones who hold the economy and the populace from falling into anarchy. new york is a place where the bad succeed and the good are trampled under the feet of progress. be smart, be quick or get out because there’s no way you’ll survive in this kind of climate if you aren’t clever about it. feuds, betrayal, forbidden love, illicit affairs, stronger than blood friendships, brotherhoods and sisterhoods and everything else in between. when we aren’t trotting in louboutins or buttoning crisp brooks brothers, we’re drinking grey goose martinis and attending anything that has a free bar and the chance of networking. and you thought los angeles was dangerous? welcome to the upper wild side.
established in march 2012, upper wild side is an advanced, no word count roleplay that focuses on seven powerful, prestigious dynasties all of whom inhabit the city of new york. when registering we ask you do so with your character's first and last name in all uppercase letters. please make sure to check the wanted ads and canon lists before making any final decisions as particular characters are always needed! with that said, we hope you enjoy your time with us, and most importantly - have fun!
the staff team

ADD REPLY  NEW TOPIC  

all we are., lexias: 8/25 - ireland. [m]
MATHIAS CHRISTENSEN
 Posted: Sep 27 2013, 12:02 AM

lexi's bitch » lexi's loft
YEARS OLD
1972 posts

Group Icon
jessica
IS Offline

come back when you can. let go, you'll understand. you've done nothing at all to make me love you less, so come back when you can.

❝ YOU'RE AN ISLAND AND MY SHIP HAS RUN AGROUND ❞
the flight felt a lot longer than it should have. his pilot was going as fast as he legally could, mat knew that, but it wasn't fast enough. but his impatience was through the roof; every minute that passed was another minute that lexi had to get away from where she was. he desperately hoped that she stayed put, that she wouldn't leave the one day he finally managed to get ahold of her location. he couldn't be more thankful for molly telling him where lexi was; had it not been for her, he would have never known. he never would have guessed ireland, and it only made him realize how much about lexi he didn't know, which in turn made him want to have more time to get to know her. he didn't want to be cynical, but he sincerely hoped that he wouldn't lose the chance to.

the plane touched down early in the afternoon. mat was jet-lagged, terribly, and he really hadn't properly slept in days, but he was so wired now that the mere thought of sleep felt so far away in his mind. from the airport it took another lengthy amount of time to make his way to her location; god, she really was trying to hide, wasn't she? a little house in a little irish town, plenty far away from any civilization that even new york's finest private detectives couldn't find her. upon entering her temporary home, the first thing he realized was that she wasn't here. however, the space was still obviously lived in. he recognized a pair of her shoes in the living room, and that gave him all the proof he needed to realize that she was still there, just out at the moment. relief filled him for a brief moment, and in that moment he took the time to look back over the note he wrote her as well as the marriage license, which he had since signed since she left it with him.once done, he left both items on the kitchen counter, not really thinking anything of it.

for the next ten minutes or so, he explored his surroundings; looking around the area, in her bedroom, the view from the balcony. it was peaceful here, and he couldn't blame her for escaping here. it wasn't long before he heard a sound break the silence of the apartment: a door opening. the front door. lexi was home. his mind immediately went back to the papers on the counter. so, slowly and quietly, he made his way out into the kitchen, leaned on the archway of the hall, and watched her.

all that mattered was that she was there. he had found her.

"...you're a hard person to track down when you're trying to hide."
465 words for kay
PM
^
ALEXANDRA CHRISTENSEN
 Posted: Sep 27 2013, 12:55 AM

ceo/owner » rebel records
YEARS OLD
3880 posts

Group Icon
kay
IS Offline

Truth, dares, boys for which I never really cared Affairs to forget A search for ends that never really met If I could only find this feelin & find a love beyond this dream It’s never been so clear that I need someone to pull me under I need someone

❝ I'm with her even when I'm here without her ❞
it'd been about 48 hours since her sister had left ireland. molly's visit had proved to be eye opening, but a little too late to fix all that had happened. she understood the need and urgency to tell mathias how she felt, and to be with him. right now she was still just wanting that time to herself, to figure out what she was going to do if she came back to new york and he was gone, or worse - hated her. if he did hate her, she was going to be devastated, and having one man hate her for the rest of her life was enough. antonio may have spoken with her, and they he wasn't giving her death glares. it didn't, however, mean they'd ever be friends again. as much as she wanted that, she knew she didn't deserve that. now with mathias, it was different, but the same. she didn't deserve for him to love her back, yet she yearned for it.

those were her thoughts as her eyes blinked against the wind outside. she'd been walking along the beach, sand in between her toes. tearing her gaze away from the beautiful water, they ran over every smooth line of the first tattoo to grace her body. on the side of her arm the word 'joy' would now be forever etched there in black ink. running a finger over it, it brought a sad smile to her face, and lexi turned around to go back to the house. she needed some food, and besides, she could feel the drops of water on top of her hair that were already starting. it was going to be pouring outside soon. barefoot, she ran the rest of the way as the rain started coming down harder. once there, the brunette pushed through the sliding door, but left it open to welcome in some of the fresh rain scent. it wasn't cold, but it was nice.

walking over to the kitchen, she grabbed a drying towel to dry off her hands when her eyes fell onto two papers on the counter. where had these come from? she swore they weren't there before. perhaps molly had left them. with that, her nosiness kicked in, fingers grabbed them and lifted them up to be read.

Lexi, I may not have signed the paper, but I still made the vows. Mat

a heaviness settled on her chest as she tried to make sense of this. moving her eyes to the other paper, it was their marriage license, with mat's signature on one line. this didn't make sense.. the last time she'd seen this was in the maldives, how the hell... "...you're a hard person to track down when you're trying to hide." startled, lexi jumped and nearly dropped the papers, persistent tears were behind her eyes. "m-mat... how did you? i mean.. where did you--?" stopping to catch her breath, lexi just shook her head. "is this a joke?" she asked. maybe it was stupid to ask after he'd managed to find her, fly here, and then leave this. leave it to lexi montgomery to still question the best things, even when they're right in front of her face.

536 words for jessica

PM
^
MATHIAS CHRISTENSEN
 Posted: Sep 27 2013, 01:42 AM

YEARS OLD
1972 posts

Group Icon
jessica
IS Offline

come back when you can. let go, you'll understand. you've done nothing at all to make me love you less, so come back when you can.

there was a familiar heaviness in his chest; a tight feeling that kept his breaths short and uneven. he was nervous, terribly, and really didn't feel like he had reason to be. but he did. just being back in her presence, after all that time wondering where she was and trying to get in touch with her but hearing nothing...it ran him a bit ragged. he just felt so relieved to see her again, but at the same time worried she would turn and run the other direction, like she did last time. not that he could really blame her; he was, after all, a master at running away from things he didn't want to face. maybe it was his understanding of how she felt or thought that made him want to find her all the more, but he wasn't particularly sure. because deep down, if he was the one who had ran and hid, he'd secretly be hoping that she would look for him until she found him, too. but then again, when lexi wanted something she usually got it, so if she wanted to be alone maybe he should have just left her alone.

nah.

"m-mat... how did you? i mean.. where did you--?" as she took a breath, he smiled worriedly. "molly." he figured she'd know all she needed to just by hearing her sister's name, since she had just seen her not two days ago. "is this a joke?" at first, he wasn't sure how to respond; but then a small laugh escaped his lips, and he shook his head. "no, of course not. i do joke a lot, but i wouldn't joke about this." mat had to resist the urge to just walk over and grab her, hold her tight and never let her go. given the circumstances, he thought it best to just let her make the first move. she was, after all, the one who ran away. even if she had admitted to him that she loved him, there was still a lingering sense of insecurity underneath his skin. the fact remained that she left, and he still wasn't entirely sure why. all he knew was that he had to find her again, however he could.

the room was silent between them for awhile; the rain pouring outside fell hard on the roof, and for a brief second his eyes looked out the window to watch the water fall down the glass. sighing, he turned his attention back to lexi and took a few steps closer to her, until he was standing right in front of her. wanting to touch her, but resisting. how difficult. "look..." he could barely think of the right words to say. "i haven't had a proper night's sleep in days, the last time i ate was...yesterday afternoon, and my mind is convinced that it's seven in the morning but right now, i don't really care about all of that." he paused, taking a deep breath to regain some composure. "i don't think i fully realized it until after i read your note, but i'd been thinking it for weeks."

fuck constraint, he'd never been good at denying himself anything anyway. he lifted his hands up and cupped either cheek, brushing some of her wet hair off of her face in the process. "...i love you too."
560 words for kay
PM
^
ALEXANDRA CHRISTENSEN
 Posted: Sep 27 2013, 02:01 AM

YEARS OLD
3880 posts

Group Icon
kay
IS Offline

Truth, dares, boys for which I never really cared Affairs to forget A search for ends that never really met If I could only find this feelin & find a love beyond this dream It’s never been so clear that I need someone to pull me under I need someone

graced with a powerful family, beauty, and financial stability to last more than one lifetime, and yet the twenty-three year old still held a lot of insecurities. she knew deep down that mathias wasn't joking, he was a piece of work sometimes (her piece of work), but he wouldn't have joked about this. of all things. the thudding in her chest started, and it wasn't stopping. if he signed the paper, where did this leave them? what exactly were they going to do? there were still so many questions and details to iron out, lexi's head spun just with the thought of it all. the moment he stepped closer to her, it cleared. those eyes that were holding back tears locked onto his own gaze and waited, searched. for days now she'd been feeling so lost without him there. it was weird since they'd been thrown together so quickly. yet she'd gotten so use to his presence and his touch that being without it was harder than she'd even imagined.

running away was stupid, and molly had helped her see that. a mature adult would have stayed and sorted things out from there, not make it worse. maybe. lexi had never really been the 'adult' type, and even now she wasn't fully. her escape had been mostly selfish, and done in absolute fear. an unreasonable one, at that. opening her mouth to protest about him not eating, she clamped it closed once more knowing that it was useless. honestly, she hadn't had much of an appetite herself. and who was she to start trying tell him what was best? "mat.." his name was a whisper on her lips as he kept talking.

when he came closer, his hands cupping her face, there was no way he couldn't feel her heart slamming into her chest, preparing for the words that came next. the first time they'd be vocalized between them, and the first time lexi was able to actually accept them from another person that wasn't her family. closing her eyes, feeling his warm skin brush over her cooler skin, she felt a tremble work its way up her spine. blinking, opening them just in time for words to drop from his mouth, she didn't even bother to stop the tears that had welled up. "you do?" her hand pushed the papers back onto the counter, and then both arms wrapped around him tightly, pressing her body into his. closing the space, she kissed him, all while in between apologizing. "i'm sorry, i'm so sorry." right now she felt the most vulnerable she had ever allowed herself to feel, and for once the fear wasn't as prominent. sure it still lingered, that fear of getting hurt always would. right now, her love for him was allowing her to just bask in his presence.

472 words for jessica

PM
^
MATHIAS CHRISTENSEN
 Posted: Sep 27 2013, 02:34 AM

YEARS OLD
1972 posts

Group Icon
jessica
IS Offline

the two of them, however graced with luxury and comfort they may be, were certainly two of the most insecure people in the world. together it tended to be worse, but with time it has gotten better. the last time mat said those three words to somebody, he had ended up ruining what they had and humiliating the both of them. he hoped, desperately, that his fate with lexi wouldn't end up the same way. something told him, though, that it wouldn't. it was cliche to believe it and even more absurd to be certain, but things with lexi were different. maybe that was because he was different; he's aged, matured, and finally settled down after a fast early adulthood of irresponsibility and recklessness. perhaps lexi helped with that transition; he had, after all, been wild and crazy right up until the two of them slept together back in february. in fact, the night of the valentine's dance could have been considered one of his "reckless" nights. but after that...he started to calm down. funny how things work.

the minute her arms wrapped around him and she closed the space between them, he felt a simultaneous rush and drain of energy. her touch was welcomed, craved...but he was so tired that he would be perfectly content by just collapsing into bed with her. but the drained feeling didn't last long; her lips met his and he eagerly returned her kisses with passionate ones of his own, completely disregarding the fact that her clothes were soaking wet and her body was cold to the touch. he shook his head slightly in between her apologies and kissing, pulling her closer. "stop apologizing," was all he could really think to say at the moment to get her to shut up; too preoccupied.

as it turns out, though, he quickly thought of more. "just don't do that again," his words were hushed, but quick. as if he were afraid that if he spoke any louder, the rest of the world might hear him again. "ever." and with that, he ceased with the speaking and returned to the kissing. his hands moved from her face down to her waist where he promptly wrapped his arms around her figure. he was quickly being whisked away by his desires, which were undoubtedly to whisk her away to the bedroom, but was he getting too ahead of himself here? he couldn't find any reason to justify. but the more he touched her the more difficult it became to ignore her damp clothes. "you're getting my clothes wet..." he murmured, lips just barely touching hers.
438 words for kay
PM
^
ALEXANDRA CHRISTENSEN
 Posted: Sep 27 2013, 09:05 PM

YEARS OLD
3880 posts

Group Icon
kay
IS Offline

without mathias, the night of the valentine's dance would have easily been one of her worst. instead, with him, it tied for the worst and best of her life. worst because she'd proven herself capable of hurting she loved. and best because it'd sparked everything between them that had led them to the they place they were today. lexi had never really been one to pay much attention to signs, or beliefs, but this was clear even to her. everything happened for a reason, and while she still had bridges to mend, where she was ending up with mat was well worth the repercussions she had to endure to get there. even what the future had in store for them, that she was uncertain of. her family's wrath could worsen, and she figured his could too. the plus side was that this was all about them. no one else. mathias and alexandra had plenty in common, and one of those numerous qualities was the ability to not care what others thought. except one another.

a part of her regretted leaving him the way she had, but who was to say things would have turned out this way if she hadn't. while her instinct was to apologize, because the pain she caused him was something she had never intended. even if he wouldn't say she'd hurt him by leaving, she could see it in his eyes. and feel the urgency in his kisses. never again did she want to do that. giving into him without any restraints, lexi's lips moved against his own, returning the urgency and passion. "stop apologizing." nodding her head, she just smiled before kissing him once more. "i won't, promise." it was a promise she intended to keep. for nearly twenty-four years she'd ran from many things. it was time to stop.

when his hands moved to her waist and pulled her in tightly, she finally felt like she was right where she was meant to be. all the while, one of her palms slid up to his cheek, and slowly to the back of his neck. there was the familiar excitement running through her veins, but at the same time, a warmth spread over her despite the wet clothing. "we do have the option to trade the wet clothes for a dry, warm bed." allowing her face to move back just enough to look into his eyes, she loved him so much it was stupid. she'd never really understood the couples who spent so much time together, or had pet names. and yet, she was beginning to understand just a little bit. not that she was ever calling him 'boo', because that was a line she was never crossing. with anybody. taking a step back, lexi took his hand and guided him towards the bedroom. the rain was still pounding on the roof, and the gray sky was quickly darkening against the night time backdrop. when they stepped into the room, she raised her arms and discarded the sweater over her head and onto the floor. "i want so many things, but nothing as much as i want you right now." which was the rawest truth she'd ever spilled.

533 words for jessica
PM
^
MATHIAS CHRISTENSEN
 Posted: Sep 27 2013, 10:11 PM

YEARS OLD
1972 posts

Group Icon
jessica
IS Offline

whatever the future held for them, mat was ready to handle. he was sure of it. over the last few weeks, sophie had begun to come around to the idea of their marriage. she had started talking about it more, even going so far as to begin telling him plans and ideas she had for their weddings. since it had been decided that they would technically have two, one in new york and one in denmark, sophie finally gave in and said that the bigger celebration could be in new york, while the official, more close-knit one could be in denmark. ultimately it didn't matter where it was, so long as she could see her son get married somewhere. it pleased him to see his mother so accepting of something she had once been so against, and seeing her making such an effort to keep things positive made him even happier. now, if he and lexi could just get her family to be more welcome and accepting of the idea, they'd be all set. they'd come around. eventually.

what happened was in the past now. all that mattered was that he had found her and that they were together, and she hadn't run away again. he of all people could forgive and understand why she did what she did, so he couldn't find it anywhere within himself to hold it against her. still, hearing her promise to never do it again filled him with a sense of stability, but she didn't have to say it for him to know that she meant it. "good." and of all the people in the world to stop running from things from, mat couldn't think of a better person than lexi. had you told him a year ago that this is where he would be, entangled in her so much that he couldn't get out even if he wanted to, he never would have believed you. and yet, he couldn't imagine anything else.

"we do have the option to trade the wet clothes for a dry, warm bed." her eyes met his and he smiled, ever so slightly; it was as if she read his mind. "well, you don't have to twist my arm," he followed her willingly, eagerly, his eyes moving from hers only momentarily to look in the direction they were heading. down the hallway and into her bedroom. once inside, he closed the door behind him, only to turn his gaze back to see her disposing of her sweater on the ground. her words filled him with a rush of energy and desire, and without much left to be said, he quickly closed the gap between them, pulling off and tossing aside his own shirt in the process. his hands found found her small frame again, sliding under her shirt as one moved to the small of her back, his features lingering close to hers, millimeters apart. "i might have you beat." he was willing to bet on it. his lips found hers again and soon he was kissing her with more urgency than before, more passion than was present just moments prior. he pulled her close, hands grazing along her soft skin as they found the hem of her shirt, gripping it and pulling it over her head with ease.
550 words for kay
PM
^
ALEXANDRA CHRISTENSEN
 Posted: Oct 9 2013, 03:52 AM

YEARS OLD
3880 posts

Group Icon
kay
IS Offline

with his handsome face just centimeters away from her own, lexi could feel her breathing pattern falter. there was no easy way to keep her breath steady whenever mat was this close, especially when you coupled that with his hand on the bare skin of her lower back. as her heart raced inside her chest, she wasted no time allowing her fingers to pull at his own shirt. they'd only been separated for what... a week? two at the most? honestly, it was excruciating, but she hadn't allowed herself to keep track. when she did it just hurt even worse having to relive the amount of guilt that weighed upon her shoulders when she'd left the maldives. especially so close to his birthday. "i don't think that's possible," her voice was breathy between kisses, and a part of her wanted to roll her own eyes at herself. her actions were the kind she use to make fun of others for.

as her shirt left her torso, she couldn't help but think - this was it, though. the kind of relationship that others swore was worth the pain, was worth the trouble, and would wind up being everything you ever wanted. it was just taking her small steps to become relaxed with it. for so long she'd warded off others. "but you can attempt to prove it to me." returning to kissing him as she slipped her hands to the top of his pants, lexi's fingers quickly undid them, leaving the material loosely around his waist. she then did the same to her own damp jean shorts. as the room darkened with the storm worsening, she soon remembered something. stepping back a couple of paces momentarily, she bit back a grin as her hand plugged in the soft lights that cascaded around the netting above the bed. it was like a little nest. or so that's what the owner had called it. it was romantic.

not wasting a moment, lexi slid right back over to mathias and slid her arms around his waste. "what do you think? it's not the maldives, but.." shrugging her shoulders gently, the pang of guilt that flashed in her eyes before she could glance away was likely evident. turning those eyes back to him, all she could do was run a thumb over his bottom lip gently before pressing her lips to his own once more. pulling him towards the bed, lexi didn't hesitate to pull his shirt over his own head as well, depositing it without thought.

422 words for jessica

PM
^
MATHIAS CHRISTENSEN
 Posted: Oct 10 2013, 02:11 AM

YEARS OLD
1972 posts

Group Icon
jessica
IS Offline

what was that saying? distance makes the heart grow fonder? or something like that. while he wasn't one for cliche terms, mat couldn't deny that this one certainly fit the bill. it may have only been a week, two at the most, but it felt like so much longer than that. after spending the last four to five months or so with really nobody other than lexi, suddenly having her absent from his life felt...unnatural. and truthfully, that only accounted for part of the reason he spent so much time looking for her. most of it was because he felt like if he didn't, he'd lose her. like playing it safe and waiting for her to return would end up with her in the arms of some other man, maybe even tony's. yeah, he could play the gi online article off like it didn't bother him, but he'd be lying if he didn't feel a pang of worry at first. but the thought was gone as quickly as it came.

"oh, i will. and with great pleasure..." his voice trailed off just before their lips met again as her fingers undid the top of his jeans. her skin was cold, only from getting caught in the rain, but her touch sent small shivers across his skin; but then again, that could have just been from not experiencing it for awhile (nearly two weeks...so deprived). before he knew it, though she had disconnected from him again. he followed her movements as she plugged in the lights that nestled themselves around the canopy of her bed, and with the sunlight from the outside slowly depleting, those small lights were becoming their only source of illumination. a small smile spread across his lips as he took the sight in; not something he could have thought up himself, of course, but it was a lovely touch.

when she found herself back over by him, mat looked down at her, catching that look of guilt that she tried to hide by looking away. his hands came up to her face, each brushing hair away from her features, then cupping either side of her face."it's perfect." and it was. as his shirt fell to the floor somewhere behind him, he followed her movements towards the bed. when they were just a few steps away, he bent down slightly to scoop her up in his arms momentarily before lying her down on the bed. his lips moved with hers until they moved away; across her cheeks, towards her ear, and then along her neck. all the while his hands grazed over her soft skin, down her torso, until they found her shorts, which he promptly began to slide off of her.
457 words for kay
PM
^
ALEXANDRA CHRISTENSEN
 Posted: Oct 17 2013, 12:13 AM

YEARS OLD
3880 posts

Group Icon
kay
IS Offline

the night instantly felt like a step in a direction that alexandra montgomery never thought she'd see herself take. one that even her family had doubted for so long. while they all were still under the impression that she was married (and making the biggest mistake of her life), she was here, with mathias. and while she'd spent the last week or so drowning herself in her own gloom, lexi was just happy to have him here. his hands on her skin, bringing warmth back to her body. it was as if there was a trail of fire after each of his fingers. slowly the guilt was ebbing away. not all at once, it was a slow process, and a part of it would likely remain with her for a long, long time.

as if reading her mind, mat's hands were cupping her face, pulling in her gaze and not allowing her to move away even if she had wanted to. instead of words, all she did was smile at his words before pressing her lips back to his as he took her into his arms and they fell onto the bed together. the seconds seemed to drag on, but it was all in pleasure. being highly aware of where his hands were every moment, the way his breath hitched whenever her own fingers would twist into his hair. she felt his lips trail down her neck, and was soon met with his successful efforts to remove her remaining shorts. there was very little left between them in the clothing department. in every other department, they were just getting started though.

breathing heavily, lexi groaned from the built up anticipation in her chest. hands moved over his back, a smile sprung to her lips as the memories of the light marks that remained on his skin from their first ever rendezvous. they were so drunk, and yet that night had led to this, which made her just want to feel him even more. openly loving people in the past had been a disaster, she was determined to make sure that they didn't end up that way. pushing it aside, lexi concentrated on mathias. every movement, even sound. as they both moved around on the bed, it wasn't long before they were both free from all clothing.

386 words for jessica
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS   ADD REPLY  NEW TOPIC  

• T
  • o
  • g
  • g
  • l
  • e
  • C
  • b
  • o
  • x